latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need to be able to start selling – help

Home Forums Community Forum Need to be able to start selling – help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:03 pm #27121

I need to start selling access to my site TODAY. I have PayPal set up and working perfectly except the s2member order buttons have 4 inches of white space above them. My theme customer support (Optimize Press) is now closed after not getting me a solution all day. I can’t put out a sales letter with 4 inches of white space above the order button =:(

So I set up PayPal generated buttons which take the payment and drop the customer back on the home page, but does not create a user or sign them up for Aweber email or even give them the option to register. I can’t have people order and not get processed into the system.

If there is anyone who can help me please to be able to actually begin to use s2member to take orders I would very much appreciate it.

Here is the page the test order button is located (the one at the very BOTTOM):
http://bootcamps.mobilemarketingbootcamp.com/sample-page/

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:51 am #27197

Hi Kim.

I tested the button at the bottom of that page, completed the checkout, got returned to the s2Member return URL correctly, went to register my account, got the New User email with the password to it, logged in and could access the members content. I also got the AWeber confirmation email and confirmed the subscription to your list, got taken to the thank-you page for it, and received the welcome email.

Everything seems fine. I think you could improve the registration step. The page I’m shown after checkout doesn’t have a link to register, I had to click the link to the login page and use the link to register from there. The user would be added to the AWeber list on registration, so if the registration doesn’t happen, then the AWeber confirmation won’t either.

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 10:38 am #27215

Were you the test order from Ana? I do not see that user in the system (or in Aweber). Did you actually register?

I thought that s2member automatically served up the “time to register” page. It is possible that my tech team changed this when they were trying to set up an advanced integration with ShareASale.

I will need to get this solved, but not for this program. Last night I had to switch back to 1ShoppingCart and deliver my course via InstantTeleseminar password protected pages since I couldn’t get it fixed in time.

But I am not giving up on s2member. I will be back when I am setting it up on another site.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 2:30 pm #27237

Were you the test order from Ana? I do not see that user in the system (or in Aweber). Did you actually register?

Yeah, the PayPal account is under my wife’s name (Ana), the WP account I registered is under mine (Cristian Lavaque).

I thought that s2member automatically served up the “time to register” page. It is possible that my tech team changed this when they were trying to set up an advanced integration with ShareASale.

But that’s not the default return page, you are using a customized one. Yeah, if you didn’t, then they probably customized it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT / Auto-Return -> Auto-Return Page Template[/hilite]

But I am not giving up on s2member. I will be back when I am setting it up on another site.

That’s cool. I wish you the best with this site and look forward to help you with the next one. :)

It’d still be good to spot what’s adding those line-breaks in your posts, though, to prevent the same problem in the future. I saw that even the PayPal created button also had [hilite code]
[/hilite] tags added at the end of each line, but it wasn’t as obvious because that code has fewer lines.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.