latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need to edit s2member_paypal_return

Home Forums Community Forum Need to edit s2member_paypal_return

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 11:24 am #25960
Larry Wall
Username: rth2012

I’d like to edit the textual content of both the “Thank you! You’ve been updated to:” screen after a purchase and the confirmation email a customer gets in his mailbox immediately after the purchase.

Under our system,
1) the user first creates an FREE Member account then logs in to purchase the service via PayPal.
2) then when she logs in and makes a purchase she is upgraded to Level 1.
3) We compile a report in a few days and the client can log in and view the report.

The confirmation screen is the s2member_paypal_return page.

The text in both the confirmation screen and the confirmation email said,
“Thank you! You’ve been updated to:
(Company name) / $39.00 (Name of service). Listing ID:4567890
Please log back in now.
http://www.example.com/wp-login.php

a) I know the first line pertains to being “upgraded” from free registration to level 1 (a buyer). But this could be confusing to our kind of client who isn’t always computer savvy. Can we edit this to say “Thank you for your purchase!”

b) It says, “Please log back in now.” Under our system that’s not necessary and is confusing. Could we change this to say, “If you have other tasks, you may log back in now” and then keep the existing login page links.

I’ve searched all over but can’t find the files to do this. Can you help?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 4:55 pm #26355
Larry Wall

Silly question, I suppose…

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 8:25 am #26424
Eduan
Username: Eduan

So you want to modify the page that users get right after updating their account, or paying… Correct?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #26613
Larry Wall

Yes, that is correct. Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 6:23 pm #26623
Eduan

Hello Larry,

In that case you would need to buy the pro version, and use the success attribute, which is only available in the pro version. You can check out more info on the success attribute under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained), once you have the pro version.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:19 am #26844
Larry Wall

Thank you Eduan for the info.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:36 pm #26873
Eduan

No problem. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 1:34 pm #27591

hi there.
I just upgraded to the Pro version for specifically this reason. I wanted to customize the page that the users lands on after clicking the “return to [mywebsite.com]” on the paypal payment confirmation page (i’m using the standard paypal option)

trouble is that page also had a link to access the specific page/post that I’m selling. so how can I include a link to the just purchased item on my custom template?

thanks

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:44 pm #27609
Eduan

Pirco, have you tried using the success attribute? You can find the explanation under Pre Sale FAQs » Is there a way to force a custom redirect after a successful purchase?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:07 pm #27614

that doesn’t seem to work well for standard paypal buttons. I mean, the re-direct works but none of the parameters are being read by my template. basically, what you see here: http://dustyseco.com/thank-you-episode-order/
is what you see when you purchase an item. (yes, I’ve got custom fonts there).

so, again, “success” attribute works but the %%sp_access_url%% doesn’t calculate.

which makes utter sense… I just don’t know how I can show the access url on my custom thank you page.
please advise.

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:17 am #27658
Eduan

I’m kind of confused on what you want to achieve, Pirco. Basically you want to also tell the user what he just bought correct?

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:20 pm #27670

yes!

I’m selling access to a page with PayPal Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons. I use the short code now with the SUCCESS parameter. it works, except the last step:

1. user clicks on the BUY NOW button and gets redirected to PayPal. CHECK
2. user enters payment info on paypal and makes the purchase. CHECK
3. PayPal displays a payment confirmation page which re-directs automatically back to my site. CHECK
4. by default, there’s an ugly grey s2member template that confirms the payment again and includes a button to access the content.

since I’m using the SUCCESS parameter, the page in step 4. is now my custom “thank you” page. but there’s no download link for the user!! Sure, the user also gets a confirmation email with a download link. but I was hoping to be able to use my custom “thank you” page AND include the download link.

hope that makes sense.

thanks

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:20 pm #27724
Eduan

Yes that does make sense.

I’m afraid that to achieve this behavior you will need to custom code s2Member a bit (from what I’m aware). Although I’m not totally sure about this, so I recommend you post in the customer support forums and see if they can offer a more absolute answer.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:43 pm #27730

thanks again, eduan. and so I did ask customer support forum and there are 3 options:

– Edit the default thank-you page’s template. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT / Auto-Return -> Auto-Return Page Template (available with s2Member Pro)

– Use PHP to generate an access link in the custom thank-you page you point to in success.

– Just have a message in the custom thank-you page, saying that he should check his inbox for an email with the access link. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 3:29 pm #27740
Eduan

The easiest one is probably the first one, also most usable.

– Eduan

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.