latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need to give User Role all CC's

Home Forums Community Forum Need to give User Role all CC's

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:24 am #16909

I have an S2member Pro site setup like this:

Level #0 – Free Subscribers
Level #1 – Paid with access depending on Custom Capabilities assigned for each thing purchased.
Level #2 – All Access

So, I need some way of assigning all the CC’s from Level #1 to the Level #2 role so that
Level #2 has access to everything. How do I do that?

J

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:53 am #16912
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Tuhin,

Simply, in the PayPal button that gives the access to the level 2, just also give access to all your ccaps.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:02 pm #16914

That only works if I never add new CC’s to Level 1. What if I add three new CC’s to level 1? I can’t
make all the existing Level 2 users click Paypal buttons again.

I need a way to add the CC’s to the Level 2 role.

J

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:03 pm #16922

Ok. I figured this one out. You add the plugin “User Role Editor” to WordPress.

When you go to the admin panel for User Role Editor, You select the level you want to add CC’s to from the dropdown menu.

Then you scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Add New Capability” box.

You add the CC there, but you don’t use the simple string that you’d use for Paypal
buttons and the like. So, maybe the CC you added to your Paypal button is “oneyearsub”.

The CC you need to put in the “Add New Capability” box is then: access_s2member_ccap_oneyearsub

So, add that, go check the checkbox for it and click the update button for the role.

J

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:55 am #16990

Great one, Tuhin. That’s the best approach to do this.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:40 pm #17061
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Excellent Tuhin, glad you were able to solve your problem. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.