latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Never recieved email filling the login form

Home Forums Community Forum Never recieved email filling the login form

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 8:27 am #36258
Michael D
Username: michael

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 5:19 pm #36334
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Michael,

What kind of email account do you have? Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo etc.
Have you checked your spam folder in all of these?
In Gmail have you checked the “All Mail” folder?

Have you tried these troubleshooting tips?: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

When you install the Email Log plugin, does the confirmation email get logged by it?

Please answer all of these questions so that we can provide helpful help. ;)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 6:02 pm #36345
Michael D

Hi there Eduan, thank you so much for your reply. I tried with yahoo and gmail. Found the emails on both in the spam folder as you said. Didnt look there, silly me…I have installed the email log plugin from the link youve provided me and and I signed up again from another email, and yes I can see the users now. How can I prevent the email to go into the spam folder, and how can I edit the subject line and welcome email? Thank you very much for your help :-)

Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 5:24 pm #36401
Michael D

Ive tried to solve the problem with the spam filters using this article and now its actually worse, I receive the emails logs ok but NOT the email confirmation, user and password. This time is not even in the spam folder!

I have changed my “from” address to gmail and configured the advanced email options but…its not working, really really frustrating, dont know why every single thing has to be so difficult to solve with this plugin….

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 8:45 pm #36522
Eduan

Hello Michael,

I’m glad to hear it was in your spam folder. :)

Instead of trying that, the best way to make it non-spammy is to make it unique, instead of the default WordPress message and subject line.

You can configure the emails under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email. Pretty sure one of these offered the option to modify the subject line.

However I’m not sure which one would fit what you’re looking for (still get confused with the email configurations).

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 5:22 pm #36619
Michael D

Hi Eduan, I have changed the from “emails” to a gmail instead of my domain email and now it works. The messages no longer go to spam. I have changed the subject line as you suggested. Just wondering is there a way to use my domain email and still make it work?

Thank you

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 11:20 am #36780
Eduan

I’m actually not really experienced with email configurations and all the stuff you can do with them. :(

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 7:03 pm #36812
Michael D

That’s ok, thank you so much Eduan, you really helped me a lot! Wish you a best of luck :-)

Michael

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 11:17 am #37015
Eduan

Thanks! Best of luck to you too! :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.