latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New installation

Home Forums Community Forum New installation

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Robert 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 12:22 am #25390
Montaya
Username: montaya

Hi
I have installed buddy press and s2member pro
The aim of the site is allow groups of members to form their own group membership area.
Have watched a number of videos but cannot find how to start forming the members areas.
Where do I go to get the instructions on how to achieve this?

The site is
comcentre.moretonbay.biz

Thank you
Montaya

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 7:20 am #25405

Hi Montaya.

cannot find how to start forming the members areas

What do you mean? The content protected at by a certain level or custom capability? I’m not sure I understand the question. Could you please explain some more what you want to achieve?

Thanks! :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 4:13 pm #25439
Montaya

Hi Cristian
I live on an island where we have a lot of retired people, and a lot of small groups clubs (dance,cricket, football, art , musuem and many more)
I am trying to create a site where these small groups can have there own area for their own group–where they can have club information, communicate with each other, pay fees online — if i can do this I will do the same for more than one of our islands.

thanks
Montaya

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 7:36 am #25472

I see. Well, I’m not very familiar with BuddyPress, but I think you can create groups with it.

About protecting them, the only thing s2Member has to protect BuddyPress content would be the URI restriction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

You’d need to learn how that works and see how you can use it to do what you want.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 8:06 am #25477
Montaya

thanks Cristian I will try that first
one other question.
Why does s2member use both.
1. a Login welcome page
and
2. a Members options page?

Montaya

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 8:20 am #25481

The Membership Options page is the one the user is sent to when he tries to load a protected page that he doesn’t have access to.

The Login Welcome page is the one the user is shown right after logging in.

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 8:43 pm #25521
Robert
Username: tallmidget

I am interested in finding someone who has experience in installing s2MemberPro… If you are interested in discussing this opportunity please drop me a response with your email and telephone number… Thank you in advance,

Bob Newton

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 10:38 pm #25526
Montaya

Hi Bob
Yes, if you want to discuss further email is
Info@moretonbay.biz
Montaya

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 3:32 am #26022
Montaya

When running a number of plugins together it is difficult to understand what does what ie
buddypress, bbpress and s2member

does s2member add groups and add members, if so where do I go for instructions?

montaya
comcenter.moretonbay.biz

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 8:01 am #26040

What you can do is deactivate the plugins and activate them one by one, looking at what changed after each. s2Member doesn’t add groups, those are probably added by BuddyPress. s2Member adds access management to content. Adding members is a default in WordPress, although slightly modified by s2Member in regards to access (e.g. Levels), and modified by BuddyPress (e.g. account activation).

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 9:45 am #26051
Robert
Username: tallmidget

Is there anyone who is experienced in installing s2Member who is interested in doing another install for me?

If so, please send me information on how I can get in touch with you…

Thank you in advance,

Bob Newton

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.