latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New Members not being added to MailChimp

Home Forums Community Forum New Members not being added to MailChimp

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 12:51 am #34446

We’re a dues paying non-profit organization. We get new members on our users list both through onsite paid subscriptions through s2member Pro and added manually for users who mail in dues payments. New members by either method are NOT getting added to our MailChimp list. I’ve checked the MailChimp integration settings including the API Key (and even added a new API Key and copy/pasted that into s@member Pro’s settings). All Membership levels get subscribed to the same MailChimp list (“Members”). I’ve also double checked that this list name is correctly specified in s2member Pro.

I’m out of anything else to check and would appreciate your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 6:47 am #34632

William, are some getting added or no one is?

Could you check if they confirmed the subscription? They don’t show up in the list before confirming.

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 10:18 pm #34728

None are being added but the issue is the confirmation which I need to kill. Thanks for the heads up on this.

I followed the instructions in a 2011 support reply doing this:

1) Creating the directory mu-plugins under /wp-content/.

2) Adding to the newly created directory the file s2-hacks.php containing:

I then manually added a test new member which DID NOT get added to MailChimp.

Did I overlook something?

Thanks.

Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:05 pm #34802

The code is missing from your post, could you post it again, this time inside HTML code tags? [hilite mono]<[/hilite][hilite mono]code><[/hilite][hilite mono]/code>[/hilite] Thanks. :)

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:09 am #34805

None are being added but the issue is the confirmation which I need to kill. Thanks for the heads up on this.

I followed the instructions in a 2011 support reply doing this:

1) Creating the directory mu-plugins under /wp-content/.

2) Adding to the newly created directory the file s2-hacks.php containing:

<?php
add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_mailchimp_double_optin", "__return_false");
?>

Did I overlook something?

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #34853
eBierek
Username: eBierek

Hi William,

Maybe this can help you on the way.

I’m using the code from this page http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-integration-custom-merge-fields and that works perfectly when new members use the register/paying form.

Code goes into s2hacks.php, and then be sure to match the s2member fields with the ones you have in MailChimp.

ex. 
	return array_merge($merge, array(
			'USER_ID' => $user_id, 
			'MERGE4' => $cfields['member_industry'], 
			'MERGE5' => $cfields['member_profession'], 
			'MERGE7' => $cfields['member_city']  

Merge# is the fields from MailChimp and the ones on the right are S2M fields, created in General options > Custom Registration/Profile Fields.

/Emily

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 6:27 pm #34869

Thanks Emily, I looked at the code from the reference post you forwarded. The first line was:

This is identical to the single line of code I currently have in my s2-hacks.php file. Since I require no custom fields to carry over to MailChimp (just first name, last name and E-maill address), should I require anything additional in s2-hacks.php?

Also, I’m testing my MailChimp integration via a manual user addition. Is there any reason this shouldn’t work as well as adding a member through the on-site member pay and join form?

Thanks VERY much.

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 8:11 pm #34874
eBierek
Username: eBierek

Hi again,

Do you have the fields First name, last name and E-mail address in your MailChimp list? Have you modified them?
By default, s2Member sends a merge array with the following associative array.

'MERGE0' => '[ EMAIL ]', 
'MERGE1' => '[ FIRST NAME ]', 
'MERGE2' => '[ LAST NAME ]',

My whole working code is:

add_filter('ws_plugin__s2member_mailchimp_merge_array', 'mailchimp_merge', 10, 2);
function mailchimp_merge($merge, $vars)
    {
// $merge /* Array of existing MERGE fields that s2Member passes by default. */
// $vars /* Array of defined variables in the scope/context of this Filter. */

//print_r($vars); // Lots of good stuff in this array.
		$user_id = $vars['user_id'];
		$cfields = get_user_option('wp_s2member_custom_fields', $user_id);

return array_merge($merge, array(
			'USER_ID' => $user_id, 
			'MERGE4' => $cfields['member_industry'] (skip this row?)
			));
    }

You might try skip the custom fields, but I believe you still have to merge over the 3 fields you’re talking about to MailChimp? I’m adding all members by form though, not manually.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:24 am #34884

William,

Also, I’m testing my MailChimp integration via a manual user addition. Is there any reason this shouldn’t work as well as adding a member through the on-site member pay and join form?

Could you test creating the user registering the account as a user, instead of adding him as the admin?

And for a user you already created, you can edit the profile, check the box for “Re-process List Servers” and save.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.