latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New reg fields with PP Pro cc buy now button

Home Forums Community Forum New reg fields with PP Pro cc buy now button

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 2:29 pm #56050
jansin
Username: jansin62

Love S2Member Pro. I’m using it in a non-standard way to just track membership in my organization. It’s been great, and allowed us to cut our administrator costs in half.

Just to be clear, I don’t have any member-only portion of my site, although I might implement that in the future.

Having said that I would like to allow members to bring guests to an event. I’m going to let them sign up for guests using custom capabilities, so 2 questions for which I cannot find the answer:

1) is there an easy hack to create a Buy now button based on number of guests, like you just did for the PayPal Pro Reg forms. So if the person has 1 guest, they see a $36 Buy Now, if they have 2 guests, they see at $72 Buy Now, etc. I programmed in a past life, so could probably handle some coding, but would prefer an easy hack if possible;

2) can I collect a new registration field (guest name(s)) when they use the Buy-now button.

Thanks!

Janice

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:34 am #56220
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

And thanks for your patience over the weekend.

1) is there an easy hack to create a Buy now button based on number of guests, like you just did for the PayPal Pro Reg forms. So if the person has 1 guest, they see a $36 Buy Now, if they have 2 guests, they see at $72 Buy Now, etc. I programmed in a past life, so could probably handle some coding, but would prefer an easy hack if possible;

The easiest way to accomplish this would be to set up your own form and then pass the number of guests the Users are buying access for into your Button’s Shortcode with the information in this Knowledge Base Article:

Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

2) can I collect a new registration field (guest name(s)) when they use the Buy-now button.

You might try passing custom PayPal values using the HTML version of the PayPal Button. However this won’t work with Encryption at PayPal. I can’t say I know how you could accomplish this with Buttons for sure, securely. Sorry.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.