latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New site – Keeps crashing

Home Forums Community Forum New site – Keeps crashing

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 6:08 am #33680
Les Perry
Username: obuk

I’ve ‘put together’ (I won’t say developed as I’m no developer) my new site over the past few months and finally tried to launch it. I have an existing non-Wordpress site so have 1900 existing users to copy over which I did with S2member pro (no problem there).

The hosting company had provided me with a temporary URL to develop the WordPress site.

OK, my problem. When the hosting switched the URL for the live one to be used I obviously got 1900 users (well some of them) hitting the new wordpress site and it crashed within a few seconds.

The hosting company tell me that the site ‘swallowed’ the machines memory. But because it’s on a shared server obviously every other site on the server went down. (The URL was switched back to the old site.)

So now I’m having difficulty testing what’s wrong because the hosting company don’t want to put it back on the shared server.

BUT they have copied it on to it’s own virtual machine for testing. I released 20 users on it this morning and it crashed within seconds.

They tell me it is S2member that is taking the memory, and they’ve installed Quick Cache. But the same thing happened when I got the users on again.

They are telling me to remove S2member ….. help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 8:07 am #33691

Hi Les.

I don’t see other site owners reporting this, so it seems to be something specific to your installation. It may be a plugin conflict causing s2Member to have trouble, or maybe a server configuration…

Could you please test following this article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Let us know how it goes, please. I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.