latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New Site Setup Advice

Home Forums Community Forum New Site Setup Advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 1:10 pm #16142

I’m getting ready to launch a site that has some regular web pages, protected content for basic members, and then additional protected content for basic members who want to go further. I’d like a little help making sure that the way I envision setting it up is the right way.

My plan is to have all the regular web pages be unprotected, and a membership signup page for Basic Membership. This has a button that links to paypal where someone could pay $79 and become a Basic Member. The pages that are accessible only to Basic Members are set at Level 1 in s2m and non-members who try to access these pages would be redirected to the signup page. There is no time restriction on Level 1 membership. Paying for that unlocks it for life.

Then, inside the members area, there are other pages that advertise a series of add-on modules (let’s call them Advanced Membership #1, #2, #3, etc). These would also have buttons/links to paypal, and use conditional scripting so that someone who hasn’t paid would see the button and a description, but someone who has paid would see the lower half of the page which has links to other web pages they can access. These would also not be time restricted. So buying AM#1, for example, gives you that custom capability (AM1) and unlocks those pages for life.

Some questions:

1. It seems that the button codes are set up to grant membership access for a specified time period (a la recurring billing). For someone who doesn’t intend to use recurring billing, how do I fill these out?

2. How do we set up the conditional scripts for the module pages? I can’t use the s2member widget because the page itself isn’t going to be protected beyond Level 1. The page will be unprotected for Level 1 members, but will hide information unless someone has unlocked the custom capability.

3. I would like to also offer bundles, where instead of paying, say, $79 for Basic Membership and $49 for an add-on module, I could charge $99 for a bundle unlocking both. That would give the person Level 1 status and the AM1 custom capability. How do I do this?

If someone could think through this with me, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks.

Andy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:00 am #16227

Hi Andy.

1. When creating the button, in the drop-down to pick how often to pay, go to the bottom part of the options where the Buy Now ones are.

2. The conditionals can also check for custom capabilities, not just levels. Check the examples here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

3. You can create other buttons for these bundles, with their own prices and custom capabilities.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.