latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

new user add & AWeber autoresponder delay

Home Forums Community Forum new user add & AWeber autoresponder delay

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Sandra Blackard 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 6:33 pm #49157
Cat Scholz
Username: WebWeaver

Thanks for offering so much documentation and support for the free version of your plugin. I am trying to integrate my existing free e-course I have already set up with autoresponders at AWeber but I am having some issues.

1) I’ve gone through all the docomentation and community forums. The issue is that after I add a new user in WordPress using an email address never added before in AWeber, no follow-up email arrives. I created the custom email parser as directed and tested it successfully. BTW, a strange thing happened – AWeber added a subscriber using an email address that I did not intend – it took the email address from my existing admin user on WordPress. How did that happen?

2) So I added another test user with an email that I’ve never subscribed to this list with before (one of my own). And I have not gotten a follow-up and AWeber does not show the subscriber in the list. I read something about a 12-hour rule and a suggested plugin for adding a BCC to the email, but did’t see any explanation of what or why that is. If there is truly a 12-hour delay between adding a user and a follow-up email, then this is definitely not going to work.

3) Does your free version favor MailChimp users? I see that you are using MailChimp.

4) Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 7th, 2013 at 1:35 am #53082

Same basic issue. Paid members who sign up through Paypal Pro Forms get added to aWeber and receive the email from aWeber.

Members who are added manually (to Level 1) get their username and password from S2member but do not get aWeber emails and do not appear on the aWeber list.

Using the S2member custom parser for aWeber.
Using s2member Pro .
3 days ago added WP-Mail-SMTP because paid new members were getting aWeber welcome mails but not WordPress welcome emails. WP-Mail-SMTP solved that.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.