latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New user has confirmed email?

Home Forums Community Forum New user has confirmed email?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 6th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #53078

Hi,

I hope all you good people are well this weekend.

I was just wondering what is the best way to call whether a new member has confirmed their email?

Please and thank you. :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:32 am #53153
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for your patience over the weekend.

I was just wondering what is the best way to call whether a new member has confirmed their email?

s2Member doesn’t have any email confirmation processes. If you want to make sure a User’s email is correct, you’d turn off the custom passwords on registration in your Registration/Profile Fields section, so the User will have to have received the email that s2Member sends to be able to log in, because they won’t know their password before that time.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:52 am #53156

New user has confirmed email? Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:07 am #53159
Bruce
Staff Member

Cool, let me know if you have any more questions. :-)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:18 am #53163

Ok , well since you offered I do have one that is important to me.

What is the best way to get decrypt to work on a php file page that is on my domain but not in a WP folder?

I want to decrypt the WP username and ID that I am sending to it as a security check to the PHP I wrote that process’ SMS message sending.

Thanks in advance. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:30 am #53164
Bruce
Staff Member

I want to decrypt the WP username and ID that I am sending to it as a security check to the PHP I wrote that process’ SMS message sending.

Hm, I can’t say I’m very experienced with doing this. In the past I’ve used PHP mcrypt_encode and mcrypt_decode to do encryptions with a secret key. This way you can just keep your key recorded in your external file and in WordPress, and encrypt and decrypt by that key.

These are the PHP.net docs for that function:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mcrypt-encrypt.php

When I used mcrypt in the past, I found that the cyphers were really confusing. Here’s a tip:

In 2001, the US Government made AES (called Rijndael in PHP) the standard for encryption. If you’re encrypting, the easiest/safest way to do it would be using MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128, MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_192, or MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256 as the cypher, and ecb as the mode.

See: http://php.net/manual/en/mcrypt.ciphers.php
See Also: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2809855/which-php-mcrypt-cipher-is-safest

I know that’s confusing, but I suppose it’s supposed to be.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.