latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

nned help please

Home Forums Community Forum nned help please

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Holli Fischer 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:30 pm #6692

I am using the free version with the latest version of buddypress and wordpress. I would like to know how to set it up so that my paid members have the ability to blog. This is single site, I do not want multi-site. I want my paid members to have the ability to post a blog on the website.

Also, if I manually add a member and assign them a level of a paid member, is there a way where they can answer the s2member custom profile field questions?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:17 pm #6802
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Let me go in reverse order.

If your custom fields are set to show in the profile, then yes, they can edit them when they view their profile either in the back-end (wp-admin) or in the stand-alone shortcode version provided by s2member.

In order to make this work (easily) I suggest 3 things:

1. Set your s2member->general options -> member profile modifications -> redirect members away from default control panel… set this to NO.
2. Create a link in a menu somewhere that points them to http://yoursite.com/wp-admin. This is where they will be able to view and edit their profiles and create and edit pages (based on your settings)
3. Install the plugin called User Role Editor which can be found using the search function in wordpress plugins->new plugin.

This plugin will let you change (add / remove) specific capabilites like creating new posts or editing posts to an existing user group such as s2member_level1.

It’s pretty easy to set up.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 5:46 pm #6818

Thank you very much. Both work. I really appreciate it, I was pulling my hair lol.

One more question – I have one of my custom profile fields as website, I would like the website they enter to be clickable when the profile is viewed. Is that possible? I actually removed the question because it was not clickable, but I would like it to be. Thanks again

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.