latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

"Renew Membership" Page for Existing Users?

Home Forums Community Forum "Renew Membership" Page for Existing Users?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:34 am #45198
Llama
Username: lamarant

I have set up my site with two levels of membership, Level 0 and Level 1. When a user registers for the site, they must pay for a one year membership (one-time payment, non-recurring) and upon doing so they become Level 1 members. and have full access to the entire site.

Now, after that year is up and their membership expires, the next time they log in I would like them to get re-directed to a page that states something like “Sorry John Smith, your membership has expired, to continue membership and retain access to the site please renew your account by purchasing another year of membership”…or something like that. The point is, it should be a page other than the original “join” page. A “renew” page.

Ultimately, I would like anyone that has a valid account, but that does not have either Administrator or Level 1 access, to see the “Renew” page each time they attempt to view restricted content. This page should not allow them to change their account information. They should only see their account user name and perhaps full name.

Summary:

User joins, sets up an account, and pays for a year (user is now at Level 1)
      User uses site for the year
      After the year, the membership auto-expires and user gets “demoted” to Level 0
      User logs in and attempts to access restricted content.
      User is re-directed to “Renew” page with option to renew their membership (no ability to modify account in any other way)
      User makes purchase (for another year), membership renews, and user is now back at Level 1
      User is redirected to a Thank You page

Is this possible? If so, can you please outline step-by-step how to achieve this? I’ve been wrestling with this for two hours to no avail.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Llama. Reason: Expanding explanation of requirement

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 2:47 pm #45375
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently s2Member does not support notifications regarding the User’s subscription.

That being said, there is a post here where I outlined how you might do EOT Notifications here:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/setting-up-eot-notifications/

You could also use s2Member API Notifications to accomplish this. You’d want to use EOT/Deletion Notifications here.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› EOT/Deletion Notifications

How you use the EOT/Deletion Notifications is up to you. You might add a User meta value to the User who just reached EOT, then have your site redirect to a checkout form when this value is set.

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 2:58 pm #45378
Llama
Username: lamarant

I think you misunderstood my question.

I’m not looking for notifications. My request is actually very simple. When a user logs in, if their membership has expired (reach EOT) I would like them to be directed to a “Renew Membership” page. This has nothing to do with notifications. Is this possible?

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:59 pm #45427

Hi Llama.

That’s not complicated. When the user logs in, he’ll be taken to the Login Welcome Page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

What you can do there is have a conditional that checks if the user is at Level 0 to show him the renewal option. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.