latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

no confirmation emails generated

Home Forums Community Forum no confirmation emails generated

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:34 am #4621
andrew toth
Username: lazi3738

I have set up s2member to integrate with ccBill and everything looks OK.

ccBill are happy that their end works, but s2member does not seem to generate / send emails to new members, therefore, they do not receive a username / password to log in.

The account is being created in wordpress with ccBill customer code etc.

Can you suggest anything to check.

I have quadruple checked the setup of ccBill and s2member but I am obviusly missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 10:18 am #4625
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Andrew,

The first thing I would suggest is to isolate the problem. When you create a new user on your site at /wp-login.php/?action=register, does it send you an EMail with the details for the newly created account? If not, then it may be a problem with how you have something set up with your hosting provider.

Have you done any alterations to the form, have any Plugins that could conflict with your mail program (Like WP Mail SMTP)?

Have you or a developer hooked into s2Member in any way through PHP?

If you could answer these questions to your best knowledge then I may be able to help you solve your issue.

Thank-you,

Bruce

Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 8:23 pm #4967
andrew toth

Q; When you create a new user on your site at /wp-login.php/?action=register, does it send you an EMail with the details for the newly created account?

A; It does not send confirmation of a new account.

The answer to the other questions is no.

Although Management is turned OFF in ccBill, new subscribers are receiving a confirmation email from ccBill with a username and password wihch obviously does not work.

The account is getting created in wordpress but is populated with the ccBill generated login / password.

The domain is hosted with HostGator. Site IP is a shared IP.

The sites Members page sometimes generates an error – too many connections . . . error 6.
Hostgator then have to reset something to fix it.

There is a new version of s2member. Would installing the upgrade and re-integrating it with buddypress be a positive or a negative at this stage?

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 8:31 pm #4970
andrew toth

These are the serverside O/S versions for my domain hosting on hostgator

Apache: 2.2.22

CentOS: CentOS release 5.7 (Final)

cPanel: 11.30.6 (build 3)

Curl: 7.12.1

MySQL 5.1.56

phpMyAdmin 3.4.9

Python: 2.4.3

Perl: 5.8.8

PHP: 5.2.17

ionCube Loader: 4.0.9

Zend Optimizer: 3.3.9

Ruby: 1.8.7

Rails: 2.3.14

OpenSSL: 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5

Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 9:52 pm #4981
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Andrew,

I recommend contacting HostGator and ask them if they can change some of the settings with your mail. s2member should use the same settings that WordPress does.

It’s usually a good idea to keep up to date with the s2Member releases.

If HostGator can’t fix the problem, please send a ticket through the form at http://www.s2member.com/contact/, so that we can check your PHP settings and see if we can your problem resolved.

Thank-you,

Bruce

Posted: Saturday Feb 18th, 2012 at 3:36 pm #5607
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.
I agree. It sounds like there is an email configuration issue on your hosting account. You will need to consult with your hosting provider, and ask them to run tests against your account to ensure the WordPress function wp_mail() is functioning properly.

Also, to answer your question…
Yes. Upgrading to the latest version of s2Member and s2Member Pro is highly recommended.

Also, just to note this…
It sounds like you’ve NOT yet completed the full integration with ccBill. You’ll notice in the instructions provided by s2Member, that you should have User Management disabled on the ccBill side of things. Please review this section of your Dashboard for further information.

Please see: s2Member -> ccBill Options -> Account Details

(click to enlarge screenshot)

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 8:17 am #6109
andrew toth

Management was turned off in ccBILL , but I had neglected to select [Do not collect usernams and passwords].

I fixed a few problems with email at hostgator, in particular, the 2 addresses I was setting in s2member were MX’d to a server in asia used by Godaddy!

Now these email addresses are going through hostgator’s email servers and they work properly.

I have overhauled my settings in ccBILL and have been using the TEST signup process and I am getting the correct output as far as emails, their content and the addresses they are sent to.

I have overhauled my settings for s2member as well and using the [ccBILL Member Registration Access Link], I am able to create new users and the links in the emails go to the right pages, and the pagelinks work, the registration process works and the username & password generated work,

yet, ccBILL and s2member still do not talk to each other!

I even created a new Datalink Integration user in ccBILL in case the original one was not 100% .

When I manually created a new user as above, the email is sent from wordpress@mydomain.com, rather than admin@mydomain.com is this a clue?

I feel so close, yet I don’t know the next step.

I enjoy working with s2member, it is a great application and I appreciate the capabilities.

I have had log files enabled for the last couple of days, would these yield any clues?

What do I do next?

Thanks again for your help.

Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 12:03 am #6386

Yeah, the log files should definitely help. Could you please send them so Jason can review them when he has a chance? http://www.s2member.com/contact/

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 12:23 am #6719
Staff Member

Thank you. Log files received.

I just took a quick look at your log files, and I’m finding many occurrences of this error.

0 => 'IPN received on: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:10:12 am UTC',
1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with a Proxy Key',
2 => 's2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]` ) validated.',
3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ).',
4 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ) w/ update vars.',
5 => 'Unable to modify Subscription. The existing User ID is associated with an Administrator. Stopping here. Otherwise, an Administrator could lose access.',

This would be expected during testing with an administrative account.
Have you tried testing this after logging out of your site, as a would-be customer?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.