latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No CSS formatting inside s2member

Home Forums Community Forum No CSS formatting inside s2member

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 4:24 am #48891
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

Re: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/no-css-formatting-inside-s2member/

Okay, I was finally able to duplicate the CSS glitch. I got this code from View Source:

<!--[if lte IE 7]&gt;-->

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 5:35 am #48893
Buck

This happens when I attempt to do a subdomain install.
When I make a subdirectory install, the formatting is fine.
When I attempt subdomain install, I lose the CSS formatting.

I have even done a clean s2member install, having first deleted all plugins from the server, installed WPMU with subdomains, installed s2member through the automatic WP Plugin installation, and I still lose the CSS formatting.

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:36 pm #48983
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’m taking a look at reproducing this right now. Thank-you for your patience.

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:59 pm #48984
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I just attempted to reproduce this on 2 separate Multisite Installations and I was unable to do so. Based on the HTML script tags in your first reply it looks like s2Member is loading its JavaScript right. Could you give us a login to this installation?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 1:22 am #48994
Buck

Well, this is certainly frustrating.

After several attempts I was able to correct the problem on the domain that inspired this new trouble report, so because the problem was so regular I thought it might be more helpful if I begin setting up two domains I’m not currently using so that they could be used as a testing environment.

My intent was to do the WPMU install on one domain, get the problem, and then give you access to that cpanel and dashboard so you guys could take a look at it firsthand.

Then I would also give you a domain that only has the cpanel and no content at all, so you guys would be able to test the wpmu install first hand on the server….

But the problem is that I am now unable to duplicate the problem, again.

I performed two separate wpmu installs, one including the plugins the host provider includes in the installation (wp super cache), and a completely clean installation without any plugins.

Now, like the previous time I tried to duplicate the problem, I’m unable to duplicate it.

I was able to correct the problem on the domain that inspired this follow-up thread, so if you still think that providing you access to it would be helpful then I will on your request. Just reply saying to do so and I’ll provide details through the private contact form.

I wish to apologize for not being able to duplicate the problem. It seems to be happening randomly, which suggests it is more likely a problem with my server farting during the installation process of s2member.

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 6:39 pm #49054
Bruce
Staff Member

I see.

Well thank you for the report. I believe the problem probably has something to do with your browser cache losing connection to your server while the JavaScript and CSS for the admin panel is being downloaded, so it doesn’t return the whole file. Based on your first post, s2Member is linking to the files correctly.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.