latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No EOT set for specific members

Home Forums Community Forum No EOT set for specific members

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 9:05 am #51171
Linc
Username: lincxx

Hi, I have a customer that is selling a product which the Customer gets lifetime access to but pays in instalments over 6 months.

I want no End of Term set for this particular product but need Auto EOT for other products. Is there a variable to set this up or can I only disable Auto EOT?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 8:54 pm #51252
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Linc,

Have you checked under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior?

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 9:15 pm #51438
Linc

Thanks for your reply Eduan.

I have checked that out but I can only either enable or disable EOT.

What I want to do is have EOT for some products and for other products have no EOT. Putting it into perspective, I am working on a project where the client is selling Seasons of lessons for Guitar.

Season 1 costs $X for lifetime access – No EOT
Season 2 costs $Y for lifetime access – No EOT
Masterclasses costs $Z for pay per view – 7 days EOT

How would I set this up?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 9:16 pm #51439
Linc

Just to add, the Season 1 & 2 content is drip fed over 6 months and then they have access to all classes for the lifetime of their account.

Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:31 pm #51557

If you sell something for lifetime access, no EOT time will be set, so no demotion will happen. The masterclass can have it’s EOT and it won’t interfere with the seasons without EOT.

To drip the seasons over the months, see: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

If you set up 6 payments for the season, though, the only way is with the [hilite mono]rrt[/hilite] attribute, which lets you set the number of payments for the subscription, but at the end of the end of the subscription an EOT time would be set. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rrt[/hilite]

Since you need the EOT engine active so it demotes the Masterclass at the end, it’d be a problem. You’d need to monitor the seasons so that after the last payment, when the EOT time is set, you remove that EOT time. Or disable the EOT engine and you set EOT times manually for the Masterclass.

Or, disable the EOT engine and remove access to the masterclass using conditionals similar to dripping the content, only you remove access instead of giving it after a certain time.

Or sell the Masterclass as a specific post/page access/restriction, then the access link would have its own expiration, independent of the EOT engine, which would allow you to disable the EOT engine for the seasons. See: Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.