latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No Login or Registration Form Showing (AGAIN)

Home Forums Community Forum No Login or Registration Form Showing (AGAIN)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Rich Rice 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 5:41 pm #11990

Both Adam Fiori as well as yours truly asked a question about the login and registration pages. The pages designed as described in the manual do NOT contain any registration or login fields.

From what I understand from the answer Adam received these pages have to be filled with the required fields. NO exp[lanation is given as to HOW that should be done.
Can anybody please take the time to explain HOW that should be done?

The steps in the s2member -> general options do NOT tell me how those pages should be filled with the required fields, nor can I find that information anywhere else.
I would be delighted if somebody can shed some light on this! I am stuck and either cannot continue with a site I am now developing OR I have to look for other plugins (which I rather do not!)

** Later **
I think I get it, and I think I don’t like it.
I now see that the registration is on a page that does NOT have the lay out I made for my site. (I can live with that one, although it is unprofessional and needs to be solved).

What I expect though is the following.
My site does NOT have a level 0 login, login starts at level 1, paid subscribers. Visitors can come to the site and see some freely available info. Download a PDF for reading etc…

If they like it and want to subscribe I send them to the registration form.
After filling in the registration form I want to redirect them IMMEDIATELY to PayPal where they do the payments.
After that step is completed I want to send them back from PayPal to a new page on my site where they can start reading the info straight away.

So the steps are: visit the site -> register (name, email etc) -> go to PayPal, pay the contribution there -> come back to the site -> start reading (if the payment was OK of course).

How do I achieve that?

Thanks In Advance
Boudewijn Lutgerink

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:33 am #12039
Dominic
Username: Dominic87

I think you’re expected to use the….

http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php page for members to login with.

There is so little information on this and it is THE most important aspect of the whole process.

Really makes you want to buy the pro version eh?

Posted: Saturday May 5th, 2012 at 5:13 am #12643

@dominic

You said: “Really makes you want to buy the pro version eh?”

indeed so, and I did.

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 10:57 pm #12780
Rich Rice
Username: brink668

You should ask that in the “Customer Support” forum not the “Community Forum”

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.