latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No opt-in: How?

Home Forums Community Forum No opt-in: How?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jim Coe 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 12:11 am #47371
Jim Coe
Username: jimcoe99

I have a simple WordPress site. It uses the default TwentyTwelve theme. Its goal is to quickly and easily save visitor’s names and email addresses as they access free content (level 0).

It must be ultra simple and fast for visitors – with no login required on first visit + registration. Submitting their registration data must take them directly to the content pages of WordPress – with no need to login. Only returning members would need to login. No financial transactions are involved and security is a minor concern. It’s just to display free content, while capturing visitors to an email list.

I’m using Aweber for my list. Other online marketers have done this, but not provided goo instructions, so I know it’s possible. But I have not been able to figure out how. I also purchased S2Member Pro, if that’s any help.

Ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 1:12 am #47390
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member
Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 3:52 pm #47429
Jim Coe

Thanks Bruce!

However, the thread you reference seems to be for MailChimp and I’m using Aweber. Or, in other words, I don’t have a path: “…/wp-content/mu_plugins/”.

I have: “…/wp-content/plugins/{the 4 S2Member plugin files}.
Where would I apply such a patch?

Also, do you know a way to delete already used email addresses from Aweber, so that I can use them again for testing – I don’t have an unlimited number of email accounts to test with.

Thanks in advance…
_jc

Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 10:18 pm #47438
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

However, the thread you reference seems to be for MailChimp and I’m using Aweber. Or, in other words, I don’t have a path: “…/wp-content/mu_plugins/”.

I have: “…/wp-content/plugins/{the 4 S2Member plugin files}.
Where would I apply such a patch?

Sorry, Cristian didn’t make this clear in this post. You need to create this directory and file if you don’t already have it.

Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 11:37 pm #47441
Jim Coe

Ah! Now I understand. Thanks for the clarification Bruce!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.