latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No paid membership, just different access

Home Forums Community Forum No paid membership, just different access

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 11:10 pm #45839
nulled
Username: flexdesigns

I would like to create a membership site that doesn’t actually require payment to activate the account as all members will be established offline. Though different membership levels are required fro different members.

At the minute only level 4 members can view restricted content and all other members are redirected to the membership options page.

Is there anyway to bypass this so all members have unrestricted access unless I say otherwise.

Thanks, Duck

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 8:37 pm #45916

Hi Nathaniel.

Well, users could register free if you enable Open Registartions and they’d be at Level 0. Or you can use the free registration pro-form to register them for free at higher levels.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

The content can be protected at Level 0 so only logged in users can see it, or level 1 if you want to reserve level 0 for those you don’t want to have access to the content anymore.

Would something like that work?

Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 12:30 am #45955
nulled

I have installed s2member pro, please could you point me to the best resource for enabling free membership for all levels.

Thanks, Duck

Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 12:33 am #45956
nulled

News just it,

after installing s2member pro and updating the new s2member I can no longer access anything from the s2member panel with error message:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://website/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ws-plugin–s2member-down-ops. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

:'(

Update

It seems to have resolved itself… Shaweeet

Update update

Im still getting the error message when I try to access the paypal pro forms section

Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 12:52 am #45960
nulled

In short, I dont want members to be taken to the membership option page now, I want to send them to their dashboard where they can access their relevent pages dependent on their level.

Cheers, Duckmaster

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 9:11 am #46048

Im still getting the error message when I try to access the paypal pro forms section

Try the tips in this article, please: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I have installed s2member pro, please could you point me to the best resource for enabling free membership for all levels.

Video » s2Member (Free Registration On Multiple Levels?)

In short, I dont want members to be taken to the membership option page now, I want to send them to their dashboard where they can access their relevent pages dependent on their level.

If they try to access a page/post restricted at a level higher than the one they have, then they will be redirected to the Membership Options page, that’s how the access restrictions work.

What behavior do you want when, for example, someone at Level 0 tries to open a Level 1 page?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 3:50 am #46350
nulled

I would like to manually add all users and define there user level and accept

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:02 am #46358
nulled

I have done what you advised yet members are still being directed to the membership options page and are unable too access the content they are supposed to.

Please get back to me Asap I have a really short deadline,

Thanks, Ducky

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:49 am #46362

You can give them any of the s2Member levels when you create their accounts.

About being sent to the Membership Options page: What restriction did the page they tried to open have? What level did the user have? Was he logged in to his account?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.