latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No Redirect after Login with wp-login.php

Home Forums Community Forum No Redirect after Login with wp-login.php

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 10:37 am #52339

I’m having an issue when a member tries to login through wp-login.php page.

The issue only happens when someone has a failed attempt at logging-in and gets directed to the wp-login.php page or if they try to add a comment to a post when not logged-in and they follow the link to go the wp-login.php page. When they type the correct username/password it refreshes the wp-login.php page and it appears that the attempt failed with the password input bar seen as blank but actually they have successfully logged in and they were just not redirected back to the site/previous page.

Oddly new members going through the sign-up process when logging-in through wp-login.php it works fine. If I open a new window and navigate to wp-login.php directly and try logging-in it works perfectly as well.

I deactivated all other plugins and traced the issue to s2Membership.

Thanks for the help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:07 am #52363
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Do you have your Login Welcome Page set? Make sure this isn’t set to wp-login.php.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page

Are you trying to log in directly through /wp-login.php, or are there extra variables on the end, like ?redirect_to=/..?

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:45 am #52383

The login welcome page is not set to wp-login.php.

I’m using the login widget for the typical login process. Users only see the wp.login.php page when they initially enter the wrong username/password or if they try to do something that I limit to members who are logged-in when they are not logged-in themselves.

In the first case the page looks like: http://mysite.com/wp-login.php

In the second case the page looks like: http://mysite.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fmysite.com%2F2013%2F06%2F19%2Fjpost-title%2F

Posted: Sunday Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:11 am #52410

I deactivated all other plugins and traced the issue to s2Membership.

So with a clean WP, with the default theme and without any plugin, you don’t have this problem (entering wrong password, then trying again), but if you activate just s2Member and no other plugin, then you can reproduce the problem?

Could you list the exact steps I should follow to reproduce this in my installation, please? I’m curious because I haven’t seen it before.

Would you mind sending your site’s info so I can try it and see this behavior? I’d like to reproduce it and investigate what may be causing it. Please leave a reply here after sending it, thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

By the way, could you verify that this has nothing to do with the issue: Knowledge Base » Logged In, But Am I?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 25th, 2013 at 5:55 pm #52563

I have sent you the sites info via private contact form. This is a dev version of the site so feel free to poke around the files freely. Just make sure you are on the ‘.net’ and not the ‘.com’ please.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 5:48 am #52592

I’m afraid we didn’t get the email. We were having some issues with our email service earlier, and it could have caused your email to get lost. I’m very sorry, but could you please submit the info again? Thank you very much.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 11:39 am #52618

Re-sent you the sites info via private contact form.

Posted: Thursday Jun 27th, 2013 at 3:02 am #52645

Thanks for the email, I got it this time.

I see what you described. Did you try the site with the default theme and no plugins other than s2Member before sending me the site info for me to see?

Changing the theme didn’t solve it, but I couldn’t deactivate the plugins to test, because the Plugins entry is not in the WP Admin navigation. Did you do these tests? You didn’t confirm having done them.

Please test those, as it’s most likely that there is a plugin conflicting there. I can’t reproduce this in my installation, and haven’t seen anyone else report this same problem, so it’s unique to your setup.

Here are more things to try: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

If you can still reproduce it in your test installation, with the default theme and no plugin other than s2Member, then please let me know so I take a new look at it and can investigate further. Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Jun 27th, 2013 at 12:11 pm #52686

Set the theme to default and turned off all plugins except s2Member and still having the same issue.

I’m running WordPressMU. I forgot to upgrade your username to super admin privileges which I just corrected.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 5:38 am #52878

I’ve asked Jason about this, I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from him. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 5:53 pm #53323

Hi Cristián. Checking to see if Jason has been able to look at my issue. Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 8:31 pm #53325

I believe that I narrowed the issue down to WordPress version 3.4.2 in which I’m using. Thanks for all the help though.

Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:58 am #53332

Sorry, was away the past week. Jason and Bruce looked into this and couldn’t find that s2Member was doing it. I’m glad you narrowed it down go the WP you’re running. It’d be good to make sure that you have a good copy of the WP files in your site, verify that wp-login.php is not altered in some way.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.