latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

'No' to Open Registration doesn't work

Home Forums Community Forum 'No' to Open Registration doesn't work

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:36 pm #27022
Chris O’Connor
Username: coc

I’m using the free version of S2Member to get a feel for what it can do before upgrading, but I’ve hit a problem. I have open registration set to ‘No (do NOT allow Open Registration), yet despite this I’ve found that someone has gone to the site and registered. I’ve tested it myself and anyone can register for the site. The S2Member setting to prevent this doesn’t do anything.

Of course, S2Member takes over some of the settings from WordPress, so if I go to Settings->General I can’t do anything to prevent the registrations. S2Member is leaving registration to my site wide open and there appears to be nothing I can do to stop this.

Why is the ‘no to open registration’ failing?

Thanks

Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:44 pm #27025
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Chris,

In what page are your users registering? I assume in http://www.your-site.com/wp-login.php?action=register, correct?

Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 9:28 pm #27031
Chris O’Connor

Yes, that is where they are registering.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 8:20 am #27064

Hi Chris.

I don’t know why it isn’t working for you, it does in my installation… Maybe you have another plugin interfering with that?

Could you give me a link to your site so I try registering? If Open Registration is disabled, then the link to the registration page should take me to the login page with a notice saying that registration is closed.

Did you make sure you weren’t logged in to your admin account when you went to the registration page? And that you weren’t using the same browser you may have tested a purchase before? When you return from the checkout, s2Member cookies your browser to let you register.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 3:04 pm #27117
Chris O’Connor

Hi Cristian,

You were right. It was an issue with cookies. I’d tried 4 different web browsers and was convinced that I hadn’t logged in on 2 of them. Obviously I had!

Once I cleared the cookies I then got the message saying registration isn’t allowed.

Thank you for your help. I’ll definitely be upgrading to pro as soon as I can. So far S2Member has been able to handle everything I need to do, and do it in a far easier way then alternatives I’ve used.

Thanks again

Chris

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:14 am #27186

Thanks for the kudos, Chris! And I’m very glad that I could help you find the problem. Let us know if you need anything else. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.