latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No user registration after submitting payment

Home Forums Community Forum No user registration after submitting payment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 4:50 pm #52392

I’ve generated buttons for two membership levels. After visitors submit payment via Paypal, they’re being returned to a blank white page with the auto-return URL plus a long string of characters.

http://www.canadiansabroad.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=fnIyOjFmM01FNkV3N1YxVDBRWE1BZ1BwZ2hweU1BaXdKOWRHOjRhODM4OTQ3OGI3MDAxYTAwOTBlNDYyNGYwM2E5ZWY5fCB4EzAWVisx9efFy0YDGJsH1UKC9k7WFqEq22yf4N-TunQwY7svyTWQV7ZqZO1Z1QiBJ4X4TNGxvx4-Pg-RTFNHzzxx9W_TemjmeLGziqrAn683bV_qp4Lq4fQDjMwgx59ETj7s8Zbi8wAofMnYaJKLU6AW9eedExYP604RRd0MLcB0PFyJq37P8oadtYb93RB21EYCtSaanKCjszmlW2phghuK0sX_d6OA7mQ_viwnpkU-0XqxJpGC4WjUmKllfcojCAQJBQF_mz4WG6CEgBV29y8r1jfvRavVaSb0SE65kGCGoUDtBnKw0gbu596hUJy7G4FKmhXAokuJvkrU2OII2w9t-u0DIeDChUTc2S4lX_ST4AvADvwsae9-iwTXRA&tx=44V535074E485621P&st=Completed&amt=0.01&cc=USD&cm=www%2ecanadiansabroad%2ecom&item_number=1::1%20D

Thus, new members are paying for membership but not being taken to a page where they can register a username and password.

I’ve set my auto return url in paypal, enabled payment data transfer and set my identity token.

Ran the server diagnostic tool and it said that php module mcrypt was not installed but have since installed it and still no luck getting the registration page to come up after visitors submit payment via paypal.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Many thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jun 23rd, 2013 at 3:45 am #52414

That link returns a 414 error: http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E414.html

You need to contact your webhost to fix their limit for your site.

Posted: Sunday Jun 23rd, 2013 at 4:16 pm #52446

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your response. I contacted my webhost and received the following reply:

——-
This would be correct if you were on shared hosting, however you have a server so there are no limitations. If your scripting is not working you will need to troubleshoot further as this is a website configuration issue.

…so apparently there is no URL limitation for the site. Any other ideas on what could be causing the paypal auto-return issue? I have my auto-return URL set in paypal… not sure where all the additional parameters are being added. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jun 24th, 2013 at 9:22 pm #52489

It’s returning a 414 error, I see it when I try the URL.

What setting needs to change to fix that, though, I don’t know. I always just refer the site owner to his webhost and they take care of it.

If you have a selfhosted server and your webhost won’t do it for you, then you’ll need to ask your webmaster, or google how to change it yourself, I guess.

I’m sorry I can’t give you more details on how to change it, I just don’t know about server administration. :/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.