latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

No Username/Password email

Home Forums Community Forum No Username/Password email

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Robert Trifiro 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:21 pm #35678

Hi,

I’ve been trying to get my WP site to send out the username/password email after payment through PayPal, and then using the link provided after leaving PayPal to register a new username.

I’ve been testing this out (still unable to get it to work) and here’s what I’ve got:

– If I register on the site as a free user (not using a PayPal button or making any payment), the process works fine, and username/password email is sent.

– If I turn on the ability to let customers set their own password in the registration, and use the PayPal button to make a payment, the process works fine.

– I’ve installed the SMTP mail plug-in, as suggested in another topic. I’ve talked to my hosting provider and ensured the settings are correct.

– I’ve installed the Email Log plug-in, as recommended in another topic, and can confirm that the username/password emails are showing up in the log as sent.

– I’ve tested with several different email addresses/domains/email clients… no luck.

So right now, I have the setting to allow users to input their own passwords. Not ideal, but usable.

Can I get a solution for this, so I can beef up the security on my site?

Thanks,
Trevor

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.