latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Not recognizing paypal subscriptions

Home Forums Community Forum Not recognizing paypal subscriptions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:05 am #6506

Hello,

I am currently using paypal buttons for people to subscribe on my site. If the user is already an existing free user venue the transition between free user and level one subscription works brilliantly.

The problem comes when the user goes straight for subscribing. I was under the impression that S2 member would recognise that the user had subscribed and upon registration automatically issue them with a level one access permission.

This is not the case. When a user completes the transaction via a paypal button s2member does not register whether they have paid or not.

The problem may be that they are then filling out the free registration form but the reason why I directing them to this is because:
I need to use captcha to stop spam so cannot leave open registration on.
I have many fields that need filling out so the level one form is long and off putting.
Once the user has paid, to show them another form to fill out with a pay button at the bottom looks confusing.

What I would like to happen is
That after the user pays they have access to the pro form without the payment capabilities.
That they can then register on the free form but automatically get bumped up to level one if already paid.
Not to use paypal buttons but use pro forms and only have the essential information on show before they pay so they are not put off by the amount of form fields they have to fill in. (it happens like this for already registered users when they are shown the pro form for level one upgrade)

Regards

Adam

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 4:39 pm #6550

Hi Adam.

I emailed Jason asking him how it could be done. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:16 pm #6591
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

The problem may be that they are then filling out the free
registration form but the reason why I directing them to this is because:
I have many fields that need filling out so the level one form is long and off putting.
Once the user has paid, to show them another form to fill out with a pay button at the bottom looks confusing.

Right, a Free Registration Form is designed to facilitate a Free Registration at Level #0 by default, or at a specific Membership Level, as dictated by the Shortcode Attribute level="0" (i.e. you could change the Membership Level for new Free registrants by changing the level="" Attribute in your Free Registration Form Shortcode). However, in a Free Registration Form, that’s hard coded in, and is NOT detected during registration, based on what has been purchased. s2Member assumes that you’ve implemented a Free Registration Form to allow *new* visitors to register for free access (i.e. there is no payment involved).

All s2Member Pro Forms support the captcha="clean" Attribute.
Only the Free Registration Forms have this enabled by default, but you can enable it for other Pro Forms if you’d like, by setting the captcha="" Attribute to a value of captcha="clean".

Regarding the number of Custom Registration/Profile Fields that you’re running with…
If a User/Member is already logged in, s2Member Pro Forms automatically pre-fill things like Username/Email, and any Custom Registration Fields are excluded automatically, reducing the number of fields that someone needs to enter (i.e. an existing User/Member is assumed to already have this information on file, from a previous registration that granted them an account on your site).

What I would like to happen is
That after the user pays they have access to the pro form without the payment capabilities.
That they can then register on the free form but automatically get bumped up to level one if already paid.
Not to use paypal buttons but use pro forms and only have the essential information on show before they pay so they are not put off by the amount of form fields they have to fill in. (it happens like this for already registered users when they are shown the pro form for level one upgrade)

It sounds like you’re trying to use Standard PayPal Buttons, but with Pro Forms, which are designed to work with PayPal Pro. While this is not the intended approach, I suppose you could make this work like you want, but you’d need to do something creative with your Free Registration Form Shortcode.

As I mentioned earlier, a Free Registration Form is designed to facilitate a Free Registration at Level #0 by default, or at a specific Membership Level, as dictated by the Shortcode Attribute level="0" (i.e. you could change the Membership Level for new Free registrants by changing the level="" Attribute in your Free Registration Form Shortcode). However, in a Free Registration Form, that’s hard coded in, and is NOT detected during registration, based on what has been purchased. You could try setting the level="" Attribute in a more dynamic way though. This article might be of some interest to you. Please see: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

Posted: Sunday Mar 4th, 2012 at 6:48 am #7216

Hello,

Wow! Thank you for such a detailed reply I appreciate the the time you took to look into it. Being a code novice I daren’t touch the coding part so have managed to find a workable solution by combining s2member with the gravity forms plug in.

The two work really well together and I would just like to thank you for developing this great plug in. You have saved me a huge amount of time and effort and whilst I didn’t actually need the pro version I definitely thought it was worth paying for out of gratitude

Regards

Adam

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:37 am #7390
Staff Member

You’re very welcome Adam.
~ and thank YOU, we appreciate the KUDOS, and your support!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.