latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Notification Emails

Home Forums Community Forum Notification Emails

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:11 pm #48382
forananny
Username: brian_kd

Hello,

First, great plugin – love it!

I’ve looked high and low for answers and tried to test the notification system to no avail. There are so many things to setup and that could go wrong in PayPal, or on my site, so thank you for your patience:

1) Does s2member Pro email the website owner (Dashbaord -> Settings -> General -> E-mail Address) when a payment is made? When a recurring payment is cancelled?
2) I tried to follow your directions here: http://www.s2member.com/kb/building-an-api-notification-handler/
but I’m getting an error:

[25-Apr-2013 10:58:36] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in /*****/*****/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-payment-notification.php on line 49

Line 49:
add_action(‘init’, ‘s2_payment_notification’);

And yes I have an s2_payment_notification() function declared.
I am in sandbox mode with PayPal. The s2member functionality seems to be working otherwise (registration emails are sent, roles and caps are being set). It’s just this email thing I need worked out :-)

I’m an fairly experienced programmer but this is stumping me. Maybe I need more coffee…

Thank you,
-Brian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:34 pm #48384
forananny

P.S. I’ve also installed other must use plugins before that are calling the add_action and add_filter calls so this one is really bazaar…

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 3:35 am #48441
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Are you getting this issue when you try to get to the file directly, or when WordPress loads?

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 3:38 am #48443
forananny

The error is logged when I test out a recurring payments (PayPal) registration form. So through WordPress, I believe.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 4:04 am #48451
Bruce
Staff Member

So through WordPress, I believe.

What URL are you using in your API Notifications area? Is it pointing directly to the Must-Use Plugin file?

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 5:39 am #48456
forananny
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:40 pm #48517
Bruce
Staff Member

My suspicion is that my PayPal sandbox settings are wrong….? :-)

No, I don’t believe so. I think the problem here is that you’re using a direct link to the plugin file in these two URLs:

http://*****.bluehost.com/~****/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-payment-notification.php?s2_payment_notification=yes&%%user_login%%&%%user_email%%&%%user_first_name%%&%%user_last_name%%&%%item_number%%&%%item_name%%
http://kismetwebdesign.com/ann-emailer/ann-emailer.php&%%user_login%%&%%user_email%%&%%user_first_name%%&%%user_last_name%%&%%item_number%%&%%item_name%%

You need to create a URL like shown in the example in our Knowledge Base, like you’re using here:

http://*****.bluehost.com/~****/?s2_payment_notification=yes&%%user_login%%&%%user_email%%&%%user_first_name%%&%%user_last_name%%&%%item_number%%&%%item_name%%

This one should be working correctly (or at least not throwing this error), but the others are not loading WordPress, so the add_action() function is both not being loaded and not needed.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.