latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Offering a Lifetime Membership…

Home Forums Community Forum Offering a Lifetime Membership…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:19 am #52834
Robert Funge
Username: godrob

Hi Support,

Just a quick question. I’m using s2member pro and the PayPal pro forms to handle recurring membership on my site. In short, subscribers upgrade to become members either on a month-by-month, every 3 months, every 6 months or every 12 months plan. What I’d like to do is offer a Lifetime membership as well to these members (no recurring). I was thinking about using the update billing form to offer this service. The question I have though is this, does their existing recurring PayPal subscription automatically cancel if they were to upgrade to a Lifetime scheme using the update billing form?

I hope that makes sense? Obviously, if a member upgrades to a Lifetime plan I need their existing subscription to automatically cancel. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Rob.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 5:07 am #52874
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

The question I have though is this, does their existing recurring PayPal subscription automatically cancel if they were to upgrade to a Lifetime scheme using the update billing form?

Yes, any time a User edits their Subscription (including upgrading to a Lifetime Membership), the previous subscription their account was tied to is terminated, and the new Subscription is tied to the account. s2Member will only track one Subscription ID at a time per User.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.