latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

one time payment question (again)

Home Forums Community Forum one time payment question (again)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:10 am #53202

I looked at the possibilities for custom capabilities but am not sure that this is the way to go.
Let me explain again.
I own http://www.reikimagazine-online.com. It is a membership site (hence the use of s2member) and only paying members can have access to the articles, only some articles (teasers) are free accessible. Once paying members are logged in they also have the possibility to download a PDF of the article they are reading.
What I would like to do now is offer NON-PAYING visitors the possibility to download PDFs of articles once they paid me through PayPal.
No need to subscribe, no need to log in, just pay through PayPal and get a link to a PDF they can download.

Any hint, tip or idea is welcome.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 12:09 am #53271

I think I found the solution for my situation with “Button Code Generator For Specific Post/Page Buttons”.
Worth a study… :-)

Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 5:43 am #53283
Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 5:43 am #53488

OK, so far I understand the content of what is written about the one time payments and “Button Code Generator For Specific Post/Page Buttons”.

On my site I have over 100 articles that I want to make available to outsiders after payment.
The easiest way I see now is that I have ONE page (and ONE page only) where I have all the downloads.
What I try to achieve now is that this one page receives a parameter, being the name of the file to download.
How do I achieve that?

FYI, the site grows with 4 articles a week and I do not want to create a page for each download. That would be a bit too much in terms of maintainability as you, without any doubt, can understand.
These articles are ALL protected with s2member in a way that only paying members can access them after logging in. Also, the PDF downloads for members are only available after logging in.
I did put these PDFs in the s2member-files/app_data folder. can I use these same files for the paid downloads?

Any ideas, tips, hints, bright thoughts and/or working samples are welcome (MORE than welcome).

Hope to hear soon,

BL

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 9:43 pm #53544

If you have these files protected with s2Member and want to give them to users that you sold access to with the specific post/page restriction, the links to the protected files will need a download key. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions[/hilite]

If you can have them register an account instead of not requiring registration/login, I think that custom capabilities would be a better option. You’d have the file protected with its own custom capability and you can sell the custom capability for each download.

See:
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› [Gateway] Buttons/Forms -› Capability (Buy Now)[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capability and Member Level Files[/hilite]
Knowledge Base » List Custom Capability Protected Files

Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:15 am #53550

I will take a look into this. Tx Christian. If I have more questions I will come back.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 7:31 am #53572

Okay. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.