latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Online Visitor Redirect

Home Forums Community Forum Online Visitor Redirect

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ganaxi 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:24 am #41554
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

this is what I am attempting to do.

I have login welcome pages setup for various membership levels, and for registered guests (5 total pages).

I am trying to do something similar for online visitors (not guests or members, yet). Let me explain.

So, if a member tries to access a certain group of pages, that are restricted to a particular level or say a certain category (when a level has more than one category of pages, e.g.), they get directed to a particular ‘landing’ page for that level that is optimized for the features offered at that level.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 6:50 pm #41589
Ganaxi

Let me add.

I did something with php code so that right now they get redirected to the membership options page, when they try to access protected content. The code, based on the s2member user community was, like, as under…

You have requested access to content that requires Free Registration as a Guest. Please login using the sliding panel to the right, or click here to register as a guest.

I am now trying to improve the experience by having the visitors (non-members and non-registered) instead redirected to a landing page, based on what they were trying to access. However, when I paste something like the above into a proposed landing page for that level, it still returns the membership options page, minus the message above.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 6:51 pm #41590
Ganaxi

sorry,

the php code did not post above. I will try again..

<?php if($_GET["s2member_level_req"] === "0"){ ?>
               <h3><span style="color:red";>You have requested access to content that requires <strong>Free Registration as a Guest</strong></span>.</br> Please login using the sliding panel to the right, or <a href="http://www.gurufundpicks.com/guest-registration-for-nonmembers"><span style="color: blue; font-weight: bold; font-size: 20px;">click here</span></a> to register as a guest.</br> </h3>
               <?php } else if($_GET["s2member_level_req"] === "1"){ ?>
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 1:12 pm #41709
Ganaxi

Hi,

can a support rep please respond to the above request.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 7:38 am #41860
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I’m so sorry it looks like your post kept getting bumped down because of repeat replies.

What you’re trying to accomplish can be handled with MOP Vars provided by s2Member®.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)
This section includes several code samples also.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 6:38 am #43281
Ganaxi

Thank You.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.