latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Only Interested in One Membership Level

Home Forums Community Forum Only Interested in One Membership Level

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 21st, 2013 at 11:17 am #62074

My site caters to visitors and one paid membership level; I have no use for the free membership level. My problem is that when I have Open Registration set to NO, my registration page returns “User registration is currently not allowed” and when I have it set to yes, it ignores my paypal button and registers everyone for free.

My Paypal information is set correctly. I’ve replaced the theme, turned on and off all my plugins, and it still returns the same errors.

Any ideas? http://ideabash.org

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 10:19 am #62118
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Does the paypal button work with the open registration turned off?

What is the shorcode you are using on your “registration” page?

Dave

Posted: Thursday Dec 26th, 2013 at 10:11 pm #62161

Hi David, yes the paypal button is working. The shortcode is

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="IDEABASH Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="ideabash.org" ta="0" tp="30" tt="D" ra="10.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
Posted: Saturday Dec 28th, 2013 at 12:04 pm #62202
David Welch

Maybe I’m just talking to myself in circles but it seems like this is functioning correctly…

If open registration is turned off, then it should give you a message instead of the registration form.
If open registration is on, it allows level 0 (free) members to join.

So, it sounds like it’s doing what it should. Can you explain how you expect / want it to work? It may just be an issue of s2member not working like you thought it would.

You can probably make it work the way you want though, it’s very flexible if you know what you are doing.

Dave

Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 10:30 am #62228

Okay, I am probably not understanding how it’s supposed to work optimally. I have successfully used s2Member before and never ran into this issue.

I am interested in only Visitors and Members on my site. Members will have access to protected content as well as Buddypress/social network. They will pay $10/month with the first month free.

I have embedded the shortcode for registration on my register page

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="IDEABASH Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="ideabash.org" ta="0" tp="30" tt="D" ra="10.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

This shortcode is to register Level 1 membership, with the above-mentioned criteria. However, the button never appears. If I have Open Registration turned off, it controls the Register page by giving the message “User registration is currently not allowed.”, and it allows free registration if it’s turned on.

So I guess the question is, how do I get Open Registration to stop controlling my Register page, and let the shortcode control it?

Thank you for your response,

Meg Montgomery

Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 4:21 pm #62238
David Welch

Meg,

If you want, I can take a look at it and see if I can find why it’s not working.

info {at} itelves.com

Dave

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.