latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Open registration, but remove Free Subscriber

Home Forums Community Forum Open registration, but remove Free Subscriber

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 10:37 am #43960
Stefan Jelev
Username: stefen

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thanks to the authors of this great plugin – you guys rock!

I’ll appreciate any help regarding the following issue :
– I have installed and configured s2M plugin on our WP/BP site but there is a little problem: the site doesn’t have any content about Free Subscribers that’s why we would like to remove the sign up option for any users from Level #0. The only members who need to be able to subscribe for the site are users with Level#1 and #2.
Anyway, If “s2Member® General Options–> Open registration –> Allow Open Registration? (Free Subscribers)” is set to NO, the registration page doesn’t work – “User registration is currently not allowed.” If it’s set to “YES”, the registration page works, but all new sign ups are from Level #0.
As I said, we need just paid subscribers from level #1 and #2 to be able to register for the site.

Here is the registration page: http://scienceoflight.net/register/ with Open Registration set to “YES”.

is there any way how we can have only paid subscribers to the site with active register page and no free subscribers ?

Thanks!

Stefan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 2:04 pm #44115
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Stefan,

This is not actually an error. Open registration refers to free registration, i.e. level 0.

The registration page for level 1 and above is usually your membership options page, which contains PayPal buttons, the users pay and they get the access they paid for.

You can configure PayPal under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options. Hope this helps. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:27 am #44461
Stefan Jelev
Username: stefen

Thanks a lot Eduan,

Appreciate your help.
I spent a week playing with this plugin and understand it now more fundamental.

Thanks to you, the plugin authors and all the s2M community!

All the best!

Stefan

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 1:58 pm #44733
Eduan
Username: Eduan

No problem. :)

If you need anything else just post it. ;)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.