latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Options for paypal and non-paypal

Home Forums Community Forum Options for paypal and non-paypal

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  shegga design 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:10 am #40682
shegga design
Username: shegga

Right now I’m using the s2member free version and notice potential members can only pay with paypal. Will buying the s2pro solve this problem? Do I need s2pro in order to have options for potential member to pay without paypal? I’ve been reading the description on your site but cannot seem to find a definite answer to my question, maybe I’m just lost. Please advise. Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:44 am #40699
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Hi, Shegga –

For the case of accepting credit cards, your PayPal account determines this. I am accepting all credit cards plus PayPal and even though I have s2Pro, I am not (yet) using the pro forms. What pro does give you is a better experience for the end-user; it’s a lot more seamless and frankly, a lot more convenient to implement.

I upgraded to s2Promyself because I had been using other membership plugins and there was so much that I could do inside of the free s2 system that I wanted to support this development and I figured there was enough cool stuff on the pro side to make it worthwhile. I was right. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:52 am #40708
shegga design

Thank you for you help. I have Paypal Payment Standard. From what I read so far I need Paypal Payment Pro in order to have the option? Is this specific to s2member plugin? I am using Paypal Payment Standard to sell things for other client and show the option for credit card. Please advise. Thanks.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 12:50 pm #40740
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

PayPal standard is all you need. Once the customer hits the PayPal site they will choose what form of payment to use.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 12:53 pm #40742
shegga design

The strange thing is the option showing is only to use paypal (login or register). No option for other credit cards…

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:53 pm #40761
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

This could be attributed to a setting in your PayPal account.
See: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/WAX_landing-outside

PayPal Account Optional:

In your PayPal Account … To turn the feature on, simply go to the Profile subtab, click on Website Payment Preferences under the Selling Preferences column, and check the yes/no box under PayPal Account Optional.

Also, please note that “Subscription” Buttons (i.e. recurring charges, or Initial/Trial periods) are not eligible for “PayPal Account Optional”. Only “Buy Now” Buttons will work with PayPal Account Optional.

This is a PayPal limitation.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 2:08 pm #40765
shegga design

Jason,
Thank you very much for your reply. I do have the option “on” but I think as you said it will not work with recurring subscriptions? Please concur my understanding is correct.
I appreciate your help. I haven’t bought the pro version but I will definitely make this plugin our no.1 recommendation for our clients. Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.