latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Page Accecss Restriction – bug??

Home Forums Community Forum Page Accecss Restriction – bug??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  adam chen 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 12th, 2012 at 1:19 pm #4903

1. I restricted a page on my site by inputing the page ID – 252

2. It worked fine, it redirected me to the members option page

3. I then went back and removed the ID, and ‘saved”,,,,

4. However, that page is STILL being restricted, even though I removed the ID, and update and saved??

5. I’ve tried several browsers, and the page is still being restricted???

Please help, very odd

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 12th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #4912
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

If you open the page in the page editor, does it say that it is still protected in the s2member box (upper right)?

If so, I would try disabling it there and see if that works. If so, it could be a bug with the options page saving correctly.

Dave

Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 1:17 pm #5049
Staff Member

It’s also possible that the Page you’re working with is designated as your Login Welcome Page for s2Member, which is automatically protected by s2Member. Or, that the Page you’re working with is otherwise protected by a Category, Tag, or URI Restriction for s2Member, which can encompass multiple areas of a site at once. In other words, removing Page Level Restrictions might not be enough in some cases, depending on your overall configuration.

When you are redirected, look at the variables in the URL. They tell you why s2Member is redirecting you. There is further documetation on these variables in your Dashboard under: s2Member -> API Scripting -> Membership Options Page Variables (aka: MOP Vars).

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:57 am #5226
adam chen
Username: adam1987

Anyone knows how to let login welcome page show register form if the one is not registered and got in the login welcome page?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #5240
David Welch

If someone is not registered, they shouldn’t be able to access your login welcome page. It should be auto-locked by the system.

What is the link to your login welcome page. I’ll see if I can access it without logging in.

If you don’t want to post it, you can e-mail me at dwelch @ itelves.com (don’t look at the old crappy site… lol).

Hopefully putting my e-mail in doesn’t get me booted… I didn’t see any rules posted. :)

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 4:42 pm #5267
adam chen

Hi , David:

I got it, so its actaully secured when a unregistered user login the page? I just wondering, because I kinda put the profile in that login welcome page, will it be secure?

I konw unregister will not access the content as I use the php code to appear differnet content when the user is unregistered.
here:

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]

*This Page will only show content when you are registered user.

Please <a title="Register" href="http://testsite.mblbc.com/trail1/wp-login.php?action=register">register </a> or <a title="Login Page" href="http://testsite.mblbc.com/trail1/wp-login.php">login</a> to view additional content. Thank You!

[/s2If]

so what you think? do you think its secure enough for a user to edit the profiles in the login welcome page? Becasue I saw s2member desciribe the page as it will never prevent unregistered user from access this page……so thats why all these mess came up.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 5:18 pm #5278
David Welch

Becasue I saw s2member desciribe the page as it will never prevent unregistered user from access this page……so thats why all these mess came up.

I think you may be mis-reading or mis-understanding what it says.

This is what it says in the Login Welcome Page settings:

*Tip* This special Page will be protected from public access ( automatically ) by s2Member.

That means that whatever page you select WILL be protected automatically from anyone who is NOT logged in.

So if you put the profile on the page you set as your Login Welcome Page, you don’t need any other code because it is automatically protected by the system by default.

Does that answer your question?

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 6:10 pm #5283
adam chen

yea, its a perfect answer and finally get me out of the deadly loop….back to the original setup lol

Thank you very much :) wish I coudld get you 10 starts :D

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.