latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Page Access Restrictions not working

Home Forums Community Forum Page Access Restrictions not working

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Michael Chidiac 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 1:52 pm #26196

I restricted access to only 4 pages of the site (the BuddyPress pages). However, one other page “Groups” is also being restricted (although it’s not hidden from the menu). This is not the BuddyPress “Groups” which is restricted. I think it is related to the slug “groups” because if I change it, the page is not being restricted any more. However, I need the slug for it to remain “groups”.

I don’t know if it’s related, but when I first restricted the 4 BuddyPress pages, both Group pages had the same slug “groups”. I since changed the BuddyPress Groups page slug to community-groups.

Now, even if I remove all Page Access Restrictions this one page is still inaccessible to users who are not logged in.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 3:13 pm #26207
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Michael,

BuddyPress takes over on the pages that you have set up within BuddyPress. You can protect these pages within Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions by user role.

Keep in mind that changing the slugs of these pages will nullify the restrictions you set up until you update your URI Access Restrictions.

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 3:45 pm #26344

Thank you, Bruce.

That did the trick!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.