latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Page restriction not working

Home Forums Community Forum Page restriction not working

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 9:30 pm #25735

Hello,

I put a restriction on a category and it’s still showing to non registered users. Same for a post or page. Nothing’s hidden.

Any help ?

TYIA

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 9:48 pm #25737

I desactivated the plugin and re-activated it, changing the Security Encryption Key along. Is this the reason why it’s not working ?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 9:05 am #25794
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I put a restriction on a category and it’s still showing to non registered users. Same for a post or page. Nothing’s hidden.

If you don’t have the required protections under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection then users will be able to see the post, until they click on it and try to open it, then they won’t have access anymore and will be redirected to the membership options page.

I desactivated the plugin and re-activated it, changing the Security Encryption Key along. Is this the reason why it’s not working ?

If you made sure to have deactivation safeguards Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards on, this shouldn’t happen. I don’t know if it would happen because you changed your security encryption key, that key is very important and says not to change it ever, haven’t changed it yet so don’t know what the side-effects could be.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 10:13 am #25800

Hi I have the free version of s2member, I have it on my wordpress website and it does not work in India, does it work in asian countries like india, srilanka, singapore
How can i make it work for all countries around the world
thanx
Daniel

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 1:30 pm #25824
Eduan

Daniel,

What exactly doesn’t work? Also, please post this in it’s own topic. ;)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 1:38 pm #25827

I m using the s2member freeversion and i created Paypal button and integrated in th my website and
the users in India and srilanka and singapore are reporting that it does not work.
Please advise what changes i have to make for it to work.

Daniel

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 2:36 pm #25840
Eduan

I would suggest you ask the guys over at PayPal why it doesn’t work (this is not s2Member related), it may be your PayPal account doesn’t support payments from those places.

Do you have logging enabled? You can check that under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging, if not please activate it. If yes the please post the logs in it’s own thread, and then post a link to that post here.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 3:01 pm #25845

i CONTACTED PAYPAL AND THEY SAID MY ACCOUNT IS SET UP TO RECEIVE PAYMENTS FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AND AS YOU SAID I ALSO ENABLED Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging,
BUT
I m using the s2member freeversion and i created Paypal button and integrated in th my website and
the users in India and srilanka and singapore are reporting that it does not work.
Please advise what changes i have to make for it to work.
dO I HAVE TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN THE CODE TO MAKE IT INTERNATIONAL
PLEASE ADVISE
dANIEL

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 4:52 pm #25854
Eduan

I have no experience with this kind of problem I’m afraid. :/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.