latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pageviews dropped since s2Member install

Home Forums Community Forum Pageviews dropped since s2Member install

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 10:04 am #33213

My developer recently installed several pages requiring permissions from s2Member (on 11/29). Most of the pages aren’t published yet, but it is somehow affecting how the pages are crawling on Google. My pageviews have since completely tanked.

The only thing than makes the pages unique from the rest of my site are the following:
1) Pages are locked with permissions from s2Member (the pages are part of a subscription program)
2) There is no SEO associated with the pages thus far.

Please let me know if there is some way I can rectify this quickly.

Thanks very much, Traci

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 11:49 am #33214
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Traci,

Currently s2Member will also block Google and other search engines from accessing your content, as far as I’m aware, I may be wrong.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 5:06 am #33527

Currently s2Member will also block Google and other search engines from accessing your content

I just want to clarify that statement: it’ll block the search engines from accessing the content that you protected with s2Member, not all content. That’s because the search engine is viewed as any other non-logged in visitor of your site, thus not having access to content that requires him to be logged in or have a higher level in s2Member.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:01 am #33551
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Oh OK, yeah that clarifies stuff. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.