latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paid Page that is also seen by members

Home Forums Community Forum Paid Page that is also seen by members

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:40 pm #22264

I am setting up a membership site that has an online event which is included with membership and also sold to non-members. I was planning to make a Page with restricted access for the paying non-members. How then do I make it also available to members?

Can I set up a way for members to “buy” the access to the page but not charge them anything? A coupon code or something like that?

Is there a different way to do this that I am not seeing since I am new to s2member?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:20 pm #22290
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kim,

I’m sorry, I’m a bit confused for what you need. If possible, could you please talk in level/ccap terms so that I can see it from s2Member’s point of view? Thanks. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 6:33 pm #22404

My site will have Level 1, 2 and 3 (paid) members only. No free registration.

I want to be able to sell access to a page on the site using Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions to non-members but I want Level 1, 2 and 3 members to also have access to this page. I know that I cannot make this page restricted to paid member access and also sell it.

“if you configure s2Member, in such as a way, that a Post/Page requires Membership Level Access, you cannot sell that same Post/Page through Specific Post/Page Access. Doing so, would create a conflict. Customers that purchased Specific Post/Page Access, would be unable to access the Post/Page – without also having a Membership.”

What I want to know is how to get members access to the Specific Page that non-members will be buying without members having to pay for it.

Does that help?

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:34 pm #22406
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks Kim, that does help.

So I can see one way to do this in order to avoid the conflict.

Make a duplicate of that page, one of the versions, sell specific post page access to it, and the other copy use it to offer it for free to the levels that you have.

Would that work for you?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.