latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paid renewal but user not upgraded

Home Forums Community Forum Paid renewal but user not upgraded

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 12:06 am #36368

One of our users was downgraded at EOT (as expected). The next day they renewed their membership. We have the email from PayPal showing the transaction, but there is no indication in their user record that the payment was made and they were not upgraded to Level 1 nor were the custom capabilities set or EOT set.

Unfortunately I had the PayPal IPN logging turned off so I can’t look into the logs.

Any other ideas of where to look or suggestions as to what went wrong?

Thanks,
Karla

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 7:46 pm #36503

Hi Karla.

It’s very likely that the user wasn’t logged into his existing account when he loaded the page with the pro-form/button to pay the upgrade. If the person is not logged in, then the payment will go towards a new account, not an existing one.

If you can verify that he did pay, then you can add manually his subscr. ID to his profile to tie the subscription to his account. Also enter the payment gateway (paypal) and leave the EOT time empty, that’ll be populated by s2Member when PayPal tells it the subscription ended.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 10:44 pm #36533

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the reply.

I had also thought that perhaps the member hadn’t logged in before paying but if that was the case I expected to see an outgoing email asking him to activate his new account. I have an email logging plugin running and no such email was sent for this particular person or transaction. I couldn’t find any duplicate accounts either. I even checked the user meta table for the IP address shown on the PayPal transaction receipt and it only shows up for the existing user (which may have come from his initial payment/registration).

We’re using Buy Now buttons so we’ve manually updated the EOT date. I’ve also turned on the IPN logging thinking that may help provide info if it happens again.

Karla

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 5:18 am #36710

I see. I wonder what happened then… A log of that would help.

Yeah, enabling logging is a good idea. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

That way, if it happens again, we’ll have more info at hand to sort out what the reason was.

I hope you don’t have the problem again, though. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 5:39 am #36714

Yes, our fingers are crossed that it doesn’t happen again and if it does hopefully there will be something in the logs to help.

Thanks for your help.

Karla

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 6:57 am #36954

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.