latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pass custom data to paypal + registration?

Home Forums Community Forum Pass custom data to paypal + registration?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 10th, 2012 at 10:29 am #16110
Adam Tal
Username: baduist

I’m trying to create a customized affiliate program, and would like to do the following:

1. Pass custom data to the paypal button (an affiliate id for example… which I thought I’d pass through my pricing page url).

2. Get the data back when the users comes back from paypal and register their account, and pre-populate it to a custom hidden field in the registration form.

3. Have it permanently on the user’s profile (hidden) so I can always tell who referred that user.

Is this possible?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:40 pm #16191

Hi Adam.

The button’s shortcode has the custom attribute, which you could use to pass that data through the checkout to use later in a hack or in a script with the Notifications API.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> custom[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications[/hilite]

The value could be stored in the user’s profile, in the usermeta table. WordPress has some functions you could use for this. http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference#User_and_Author_Functions

s2Member makes it easy to integrate with aff solutions like iDev Affiliate, although I’m not sure if that does all you want, you’d need to check with them. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Tracking -› Integrating iDevAffiliate®[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.