latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Passing actual couponcode to auth.net

Home Forums Community Forum Passing actual couponcode to auth.net

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 7th, 2013 at 9:29 am #46797

When a subscriber uses a coupon code at checkout, I would like that coupon code to appear in the email I get from Auth.net.

It seems that when a coupon is used, the descripton that is passed to Auth.net is modify to reflect that a coupon was used, but not what the actual coupon code name but just the value such as 15% Off.

How can the actual code plus the value be passed to show in the desc or anywhere such as Merchant defined values?

Date/Time : 4-Apr-2013 9:40:23 CDT

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
Invoice : s2-515d90d60317d
Description : COUPON 15% off. (Now: $41.65 for 1 year) ~ ORIGINALLY: $49 USD / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 2:56 pm #46860

Is there a way to affect how the Desc field gets calculated or concatenated? I’d like to concatenate it with Coupon: [CouponCode] the amount and the description

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Terry

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 7:58 pm #46953
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately it’s currently not possible to accomplish this without custom code. I’ll add this to the request list for a future version of s2Member. You might be able to accomplish this using the information provided in this Knowledge Base Article, but I haven’t done it myself.

See: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 10:19 pm #46986

Bruce,

Thank you for your reply. I’m hoping I’ve asked the right question because it seems to me that you must be concatenating this data somewhere in the S2Member code. We know that the Coupon Code is available on the form submit so the variable is accessible.

I’d think we could simple add something like $_Get[‘couponcode’] to the description line that get’s submitted to the gateway.

Here’s also my thought…we use Authorize.net and when we get the receipt there are 2 “Merchant Defined” variables that are populated.

S2_Invoice:
S2_Custom: http://www.hornsillustrated.com

How could I put a S2_Coupon: [couponcode]

I apologize for driving this back at you but I’m hoping maybe I before I didn’t fully ask the right question. It’s seems to easy (in my mind).

Cordially,
Terry

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:37 pm #47122
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

This video playlist can show you the general idea of how to accomplish what you’re looking for. It’s a little older, but the Custom Registration/Profile Fields still work the same way, and you’re O.K. to use this tutorial.

Video » s2Member (Custom Fields Dynamically?)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.