latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Password protect checkout process only

Home Forums Community Forum Password protect checkout process only

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 5:11 pm #47696
2DCA
Username: 2dca

I am setting up a paid membership website.

On the sign up page I would like everyone to be able to read the information about membership, pricing and benefits etc. but as we only want new members who have been recommended by an existing member to join (using a password/access code given to them by the member recommending them) is it possible to make them have to enter this password before being able to check out using the PayPal button? I have already forced them to agree to terms and conditions before checking out.

I think that using Shortcode Conditionals may be the answer but am not sure how to use them in this particular scenario.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:10 am #47743
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

On the sign up page I would like everyone to be able to read the information about membership, pricing and benefits etc. but as we only want new members who have been recommended by an existing member to join (using a password/access code given to them by the member recommending them) is it possible to make them have to enter this password before being able to check out using the PayPal button? I have already forced them to agree to terms and conditions before checking out.

You can use Shortcode Conditionals if you have Users sign in before they can check out. Just send them to the login page, and use the is_user_logged_in() conditional.

Would that work?

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:48 am #47762
2DCA
Username: 2dca

No, that’s the problem. I want non-members to be able to read the bulk of the page but not to be able to pay for membership without entering a ‘joining code’.

I could let them go ahead and checkout and then check for the code in the registration form (which they are sent to after payment) but this would mean having to refund them if they didn’t have a valid code. I prefer to check if they have a code before payment if possible.

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:11 am #47777

You could try modifying the tip in this article to do that: http://www.s2member.com/kb/offering-free-coupon-code/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.