latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Password reset error

Home Forums Community Forum Password reset error

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  boudewijn lutgerink 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 1:19 am #41532

I just tested the password reset option by a new user called tester (yeah, I know, so creative).
I gave the user name (tester) and then clicked “forgot password?”
Next I am redirected to a page where I have to add the username or an email address.
In both cases (either user name or email) I do receive an email with a link. In that link is a key. Like this:

In both cases I follow that link and then I get a page with the warning:
Sorry, that key does not appear to be valid.

So something goes wrong here, although I have no clue what that might be.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:44 am #41660
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

The Forgot Your Password functionality is something that WordPress itself handles. Normally this error is a result of a User clicking the link, then trying to use it again. This link only works 1 time.

I would recommend posting a thread on the official WordPress forum for info on what might be happening here.

See: http://wordpress.org/support/

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 2:10 am #41677

Will do that. I first do an upgrade to 3.5.1 and see if that does any good. Tx anyway.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.