latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pay per view & membership

Home Forums Community Forum Pay per view & membership

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 11:19 am #16771
Ah_Nora
Username: Ah_Nora

We sell montly and annual subscriptions to members od our site. Now we would also like to offer the same content on pay per view basis to non-members. is that possible?

Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions don’t work for us, beacuse we have over 100.000 articles…

thx in advance.

n

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 7:56 pm #16803
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nora,

I believe this is not possible with s2Member as it is right now. You would need to hack this or pay a developer to do it for you.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:14 am #16908
Ah_Nora
Username: Ah_Nora

Hi Eduan,

thx for the reply. Hacking isn’t the problem, if you could just point me in the right direction… which function do I need to hack?

n

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:54 am #16913
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nora,

Not very sure actually, but I’m pretty sure you would have to hack the whole process, not only modify a function.

Hope this helps: :)

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:36 am #16986

Hi Nora.

Eduán is right, this is not simple with the current s2Member.

The only way to sell access without requiring a an account, would be with Specific Post restrictions. If hacking is not a problem, maybe you can do something to sell that large number of articles articles with the Specific Post restriction.

The new s2Member we’re working on now, a full rewrite, will make it possible to have all the advantages of levels, custom capabilities, specific post, file protection and more, all combined, so it’ll be possible to do what you want. This is coming soon, sometime this summer hopefully, but we don’t have a set date yet.

You mention hacking is not a problem, are you a developer? Would you be interested in beta testing this when it’s ready for that? You seem to have a situation where you could put it to the test for uses we don’t have other testers for.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.