latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payment currency

Home Forums Community Forum Payment currency

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Lazaros Gymnopoulos 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 10:33 am #34141

When I try to setup a paypal button for my wordpress site it seems that I can only decide the amount to charge in USD, where as I want it to be in GBP. It looks like I can set it up so that when people have linked through to paypal the amount then shows in the currency I want however the conversion is then based off of USD anyway so it’s an odd amount.

Is there no way to setup the button so that the subscription amount is based on the GBP currency?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:52 am #36104

Hi Chris, I just had the same problem and have figured it out. You’re right, there’s a bug in the setting for changing the currency as it lets you change ‘USD’ to ‘GBP’ but when you test it, it’s still using dollars.

In the PayPal button shortcode, look for where it says cc=”USD” and change this to cc=”GBP”.

I hope this works for you too.

Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 11:44 am #36172
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Chris,

Yes as Katie said, there is a bug with this not changing correctly. However I will report it to Jason so that he may fix it in the next development release. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:49 am #36217
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

I was unable to reproduce this. Can one of you please take a look at the screenshot below, or provide me with a list of specific instructions about how to reproduce this? Which browser and version also please.

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 3:32 am #36226

It sometimes seems to work, it’s not consistent. I use the latest version of Firefox.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 8:59 pm #36664
Staff Member
Thank you. I will run tests against Firefox shortly and report back.
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 9:21 pm #36668
Staff Member

Unable to reproduce this in Firefox. I’ve tested in these browsers so far.

Chrome v 23.0.1271.97 m
Firefox v 17.0.1
Firefox v 18.0
IE 8
IE 9

Has anyone else (Eduan?), been able to reproduce this yet? If so, in what browser please, and which version? Also, specifically which Payment Button are you creating when this occurs? Have you been able to reproduce this in a clean installation of WordPress with no other plugins active; running the default theme?

Is your browser running any extensions / add-ons? Does disabling those correct the issue?

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 4:23 am #36697

I’m not seeing this bug any more. Perhaps it was fixed in the recent s2Member update?

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:12 am #36918
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

No changes in this aspect in the last few releases :-) We’ll keep our eyes open though. Perhaps one day we’ll figure out why this happened and then magically went way. Thanks again for reporting it!

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:30 pm #37961
Linc
Username: lincxx

More on this though, can I vote that the default currency that shows up for buttons be something that is changeable in the settings?

It’s easy enough to change things via drop down or shortcode but always nice to not have to do it each time and have the default selection saved to our currency :)

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 11:51 am #44087

OK. We are talking about a great misunderstanding here. What Chris says is pretty simple: can we initially define the amount to be charged in another currency than US $ (e.g. in Euros)? I do not want to speculate how much money 300€ are in USD in order to create the button. It says in the respective settings page: “For Level #1: I’ll offer the first bla bla @ $ bla bla”. This @ $, can it be @ €? How can this be done. That simple.

Waiting for a reply.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.