latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payment Processor Pros and Cons

Home Forums Community Forum Payment Processor Pros and Cons

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 3:40 pm #34793

I am trying to decide on a payment processor.

I have no problem getting authorize.net or any of the others.

Can someone give me a quick run down on the pros and cons of each as it relates to running an s2member site?

It would be much appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 3:48 am #34880

Hi Jon.

I’ll give you my opinion on them, but you should still research them more:

The pro-forms are nice, because you can get payments on your site, and that’s with PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net. You’ll need and SSL certificate for that.

The buttons will have the user go to the gateway’s site to checkout. It’s nice that they deal with the security and customers may feel good with that too, since they’d recognize the brand (PayPal, ClickBank, etc).

There’s also the PayPal pro-form without PayPal Pro, so it’d use Express Checkout, which lets you have the pro-form, but the user still goes to PayPal’s website to pay. And there’s PayPal Standard, which is the free service with buttons.

ClickBank accepts cards, but also PayPal, so that’s good. And it has a built-in affiliate program, they have a ton of affiliates that could promote your product if you have a good offer. ClickBank does require you to give a 60 days money-back guarantee.

I have no experience with Google Checkout. ccBill is for adult sites, so it’s more expensive and would not be worth the trouble if you’re not in that industry.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.