latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payment workflow issue

Home Forums Community Forum Payment workflow issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 10:53 am #50952

This is related to ticket 49993
I have decided my payment workflow for my site and just need to determine the last steps.

My site begins in wordpress, and users register in wordpress, then are taken to a custom PHP form they must fill out. After they are done, I am taking them back to a wordpress page that has 2 buttons.

The first allows a logged in, but UNPAID user to preview the document they have generated.

The second asks them to pay and generate the full document. Obviously, the full document needs to be protected so that only logged in and PAID users can view it (they must pay for each doc that they generate).

Supposing that they take the second option, should the content (the full document), I need a way for them to use coupons if need be (I will be giving some away that entitle them to a free document – i,.e. a 100% discount). After the checkout portion, they need to be directed to the page where they will download the document.

So, here is a summary of the workflow, this is my first time doing it and I dont want to mess up my first online business, so any help is appreciated:

1. User logs in via WP
2. User is forward to a custom form that is NOT a wp page.
3. User completes form, goes back to a WP page.
4. User selects to pay for document
5. User is taken to checkout page where I can implement coupons, and sent to PayPal
6. If payment is successful, user is sent to a page where they can now download document
7. IF user is unsuccessful, they are presented with an error.

How does this all sound?

Thanks!
Rodolfo

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 8:04 am #51030
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

1. User logs in via WP
2. User is forward to a custom form that is NOT a wp page.
3. User completes form, goes back to a WP page.
4. User selects to pay for document
5. User is taken to checkout page where I can implement coupons, and sent to PayPal
6. If payment is successful, user is sent to a page where they can now download document
7. IF user is unsuccessful, they are presented with an error.

This seems possible. You can use s2Member’s success attribute to send Users back to the page to download their full file. There will need to be some custom code written here, however, to work with the back-and-forth between s2Member and your external website that we can’t help with really. You’ll need a developer that can help you with this.

Posted: Monday Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:11 pm #51717

Yes, I will get my devs to do the custom piece, I just wanted to make sure that the rest made sense here :-)

Thanks
Rodolfo

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 4:07 pm #51780

Hi Bruce, just one more question
The tail end of things will happen in WordPress – the only custom piece would be a script/button that downloads the user’s file.

Since I will be using open registration to begin, does that mean that at the end I need to use PayPal Capability Buy Now Buttons / Button Code Generator For Independent Custom Capabilities in order to make this happen?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 11:46 pm #51794
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Since I will be using open registration to begin, does that mean that at the end I need to use PayPal Capability Buy Now Buttons / Button Code Generator For Independent Custom Capabilities in order to make this happen?

If I understand your question correctly, no. You can use any of s2Member’s forms to achieve what you’re looking for, but it would take different methods to do so. I’d have your developers look into the processes in the files here:

/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.