latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

payment/login on different site than member

Home Forums Community Forum payment/login on different site than member

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 3:23 pm #27119

I’m using s2member with buddypress to create a paid membership site. I’m running into issues because of buddypress and thesis them incompatibility and am wondering if s2member will make a work around possible. I like the way my thesis site is styled, but don’t particularly care if the member area doesn’t match. So I’m wondering if s2member will allow me to have payment/login on one url and then the member area in another site. This would allow me style my public site as I desire, but work with buddypress as well. Thank you for your assistance and just let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Mallory

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:39 am #27194

Hi Mallory.

You could have the purchase button in a site other than the one where s2Member is with a bit of extra work. Using PayPal as the gateway, you’d create a button following these instructions: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 6:34 pm #27611

Thanks for the quick response.

I think I understand the idea of using the buttons, but have a couple questions for clarification.

My understanding is that I would install s2member on the site where I want the membership area to be, is this correct?

Also, with having the payment and login information on separate sites, is it possible to use paypal pro and the custom forms it offers?

Thank you so much for all of your help with this!
Mallory

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 6:35 am #27632

My understanding is that I would install s2member on the site where I want the membership area to be, is this correct?

Right, you need s2Member in the site where the membership area will be.

Also, with having the payment and login information on separate sites, is it possible to use paypal pro and the custom forms it offers?

No, you can’t use the pro-forms outside of the installation where s2Member is.

Thank you so much for all of your help with this!

No problem! Glad to help. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.