latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal 20% Rule Links Broken

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal 20% Rule Links Broken

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 10:29 am #44258
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

The links on the panel “PayPal Subscr Modification Buttons” regarding the PayPal 20% rule appear to be broken. The first one throws a 404 error on X.com and the second doesn’t seem to address the 20% rule at all. Perhaps this rule, whatever it is, is now defunct?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 2:01 pm #44408

Thanks for reporting that, Randy. I’ll forward it to Jason to fix them. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:27 am #44574
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. PayPal appears to be moving lots of things around right now. I’m not aware of this rule having been changed. It’s still in all of the most recent API docs.

The 20% rule still applies. It is still mentioned here in the latest docs. Although it is no longer mentioned specifically for PP Standard, it does impact both PayPal® Standard and PayPal® Express Checkout (in my sandbox testing).

However, it does NOT impact s2Member® Pro Forms because we workaround this issue by retiring the previous Recurring Billing Profile during an upgrade/downgrade; and simply replace it with a new one. Therefore, this is not of concern w/ s2Member® Pro; only with PayPal Standard Buttons where an existing customer is upgrading/downgrading through a Subscription Modification Button.

We will have the inline docs for s2Member® updated in the next maintenance release. Thank you!

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 11:19 am #44711
Staff Member
UPDATE: I received word back from PayPal about this. It does NOT apply any longer to PP Standard Buttons. Removing mention of this limitation in the inline documentation. This will be updated in the next maintenance release. Thank you!
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.