latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Account Details – Instruction Updates

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Account Details – Instruction Updates

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Randy King 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 8:36 am #38575
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

PayPal has rearranged menus so that some of the S2Member instructions for setting up merchant services are no longer correct. However, S2Member links that invoke web scripts on PayPal STILL WORK FINE. Here are a couple of changes that can be made to this area…

PayPal Account Details

Old: “…navigate to Profile -> API Access (or Request API Credentials)”
New: “…navigate to Profile -> My Selling Tools” then select the “update” link on the “API Access” line under selling online

Enable Button Encryption

Old: “…My Profile -> Website Payment Preferences”
New: “…Profile -> My Selling Tools” then select the update link on the “Website Preferences” line under selling online

Bottom Line: There is a plethora of PayPal options that should be explored by everyone setting up PayPal under that menu selection of “Profile -> My Selling Tools” alongside the S2Member integration. Also note the “More Selling Tools” option at the bottom of the page.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Randy King.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 2:04 am #39122
Staff Member

Thanks for posting this Randy. I’m going to put this on my list of things to review again. I would like to mention however, there are multiple PayPal account flavors floating around out there. The instructions we provide in the Dashboard match up with some, and with some (like the one you mentioned), the menu options have changed considerably. I’ll see if we can make a determination about the current state of things (i.e. which flavor is more prevalent). I agree this could use some improvement.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 1:10 pm #39430
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Thanks, Jason. By the way, during my recent implementation of PayPal on a site, the darn thing changed right under my nose – and PayPal even mentioned that they were in the process of changing it. In general, everything talked about inside of s2Member is now underneath “Selling Tools” in the menu.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.