latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal API Settings (change email)

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal API Settings (change email)

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 23rd, 2013 at 7:58 am #56539

Hi Guys, just a quick one – I’d ideally like to change my primary Paypal email address.

When i first starting S2member it was just a proof of concept bootstrap. Now my business has grown massively and it’s meant i’ve moved URLs, set up a support system and so on and so on.

Anyway, the primary email address in paypal is example@rocketmail.com BUT i can see my API settings are taken from this…what happens if i change my email address to something a little more relevant to my company now?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 11:24 pm #58873

I see what you mean. Well, the subscriptions of your customers will be tied to the PayPal account, so if you change the PayPal account s2Member integrates with, the subscription synch will be lost if I’m not mistaken. I’ll confirm with Jason what issues he can forsee and let you know what he says as soon as I hear back from him.

Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 11:48 pm #58875

Here’s what Jason said:

Changing your primary email address won’t affect s2Member® as long as you update your Dashboard under s2Member® -› PayPal Options -› Account Details to reflect the new email address. Changing this does not impact s2Member’s IPN communication with PayPal in any way. I’m not aware of any issues with this, as long as the underlying PayPal account remains the same, and it’s just the merchant’s email address that is changing; there is no problem :-)

Since I wasn’t aware that PayPal lets you change the email address without changing the PayPal account, I asked him to confirm what would happen if the PP account were changed and he said:

Changing PP accounts will completely destroy the connection. That goes for PP Standard and for PP Pro too. The old transactions and/or subscriptions cannot be accessed through API calls or through IPN communication because s2Member® will be configured to operate with a completely new account once that changes.

If I were doing this (I would try not to, but if I were), I would setup manual EOT Times for all existing members (if they are being charged on a recurring basis, that is); and then move forward under the new integration (e.g. with the new PP account).

I hope that helps!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.