latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Auto-Return URL redirect

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Auto-Return URL redirect

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason k 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:54 pm #9374

Have scoured the forums and KB but can’t find the answer to this problem:
Here’s an example of what customer sees after checkout (minus the red highlight):

If customer waits for automatic redirect he/she is correctly taken to:

However, if he/she gets impatient and selects “click here” the link sends them to the homepage of my site rather than the “please register now” page. Here’s the PayPal redirect, copied and pasted from S2 into PayPal as directed:
https://premium.ipadacademy.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1

Checked with PayPal and they tell me ” when using the Return URL you cannot add a query string (adding a ? then the additional NVPs afterwards. In this example it’s everything listed after https://premium.ipadacademy.com/. This issue should be occurring for all payments however if your website provides a Return URL, this will override the URL within your PayPal account.” (I understand the return URL is overridden by S2 as needed for each transaction, so what they are telling me seems correct. If customer waits, S2 sends them to the correct page to register a username.)

Most folks wait, but for the few who don’t, they miss registering a username. I correct via email but want to fix the link. Can you shed light on this? Many thanks!

p.s. I’ve also seen a few “Page Expired. Duplicate Return-Data” entries in my log, but not sure if that’s related. Jason tells us in one helpful post that the customer is probably hitting the back button in the browser instead of waiting.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:05 pm #9520
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I always wait when I’m testing so I’ve never noticed that before. A crude but possible option might be to create a stand-alone page that captures the post data and then redirects or loads the correct return page via jquery/ajax.

I’ve not tried this but something like this might work.

1. create a file called my_paypal_redirect.php in the plugins folder.
2. add some code like this:

<hmtl>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$('body').load('http://your-s2-return-url',<?php echo json_encode($_POST); ?>);
</script>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

3. just replace the return url in your buttons with the url to this file.

Hope that helps or at least points you in a good direction. :)

Dave

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 9:16 am #9694

David – thanks for trying to help.

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 am #11597
WeSEO.In
Username: weseoin0712

TPP, could you solve the issue? Though I’m a s2m paid subscriber I’m installing the free version for a client, and I’m facing the same problem.

Thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 9:09 pm #11790

Not really. Decided to simply handle the handful of incidents. Did add a link to the self-registration screen to the follow up email to help with this.

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 9:47 pm #20467
Jason k
Username: kstyles662

@David

I think i understand how this works. So whats the point of loading the data to normal url with post data?
Doesnt s2member still have the info you need if you also have IPN turned on?

Is the purpose just so that PDT gets the data as well so that nothing really change?

Would s2member miss any data without that load?

Thanks,
Jason K.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.